icon

2007 nissan altima, python 991, dlpk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterfares 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Alright I just got my 2007 Nissan Altima (push start ignition, CVT transmission) and I want to install a remote starter.
I got the wiring schematic for the DLPK, the installation guide for the Python 991, and the service manual for the BCM for the Altima.
According to the DLPK manual, I need to hook up either (-)Start 1 to the BCM or (+)Start 1 through a relay to the BCM. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, the (-) symbol means that the remote starter will ground that pin and the (+) symbol means that the remote starter will connect that pin to the battery. Is that correct?
I also need to hook up (-)Ignition 2 or (+)Ignition 2 through a relay to the BCM.
Looking at the Python 991 manual, it has multiple wires that sound like the ones I am supposed to use. Here are the ones I am confused about.
For Start 1:
On the heavy gauge connector: (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
On the auxiliary connector: (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
Does the car have it's own relay that is activated from the BCM? Can I hook up the (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT to the BCM without a relay (through a diode)?
For Ignition 1:
On the heavy gauge connector: (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT, (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87, (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT
On the auxiliary connector: (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT
I assume for this wire I should use the (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
For Ignition 2:
On the heavy gauge connector: (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87, (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
For this one I think I am supposed to use a relay since I do not have a (-)Ignition 2
How do I wire it to the relay? The DLPK schematic shows that I am supposed to wire (+) Ignition 2 to pin 86, connect pin 30 to the BCM, and wire both pin 87 and 85 to ground. The Python 991 says that I connect it to pin 87?
Thanks in advance for help!
peterfares 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Another question, on the DLPK manual it lists I have to connect a wire from the DLPK to the ignition of the car. Where is that wire supposed to go exactly? The wire in question is on the first page of the DLPK manual, pin 14 on the 14 pin connector.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
If you look up your vehicle  on flash-it.com or idatalink they have very good guides that explain that car.  There is a guide on xpresskit.com, punch in your vehicle and check out the guide for the dlpk.  If you go by just the manual that comes with the dlpk it is very vague.  If you check out the actual supplement for your car it will clear things up alot. 
Advanced
peterfares 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
I linked to the car supplement one for the DLPK. I am also checking out the one from idatalink right now.
What I am confused about is the (-) ignition 2 and (-) start 1
If you go to the Python 991 Install Guide it shows the pins it has on page 11-13 which are what I listed in the first post.
The idatalink wiring guide for my car shows
  • 1ST IGNITION (+)
  • NEGATIVE IGNITION (-)
  • NEGATIVE STARTER (-).
The Python has the pins for the starter:
  • (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
  • (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
Ignition pins:
  • (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
  • (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
  • (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT
  • (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
  • (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
  • (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
Which pins on the starter do I match to the pins on the BCM?
For the starter there is either the (+) output in the heavy gauge connector which I assume is able to handle the current needed for the starter. The (-) output is rated for only 200mA and will require a relay for more than that. On the wiring diagram for both bypass kits it shows negative starter plugged into the BCM through a 1A diode.
For the ignition is where it gets more confusing. 1ST IGNITION (+) seems straightforward, there is (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT in the heavy gauge connector which should work.
The idatalink asks for Negative Ignition. Would I use (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT connected through a 1A diode?
The DLPK asks for either IGNITION 2 (-) connected through a diode or for IGNITION 2 (+) connected through a relay that would ground the pin.
IGNITION 1 (+) on both guides goes to the same pin on the BCM and the NEGATIVE IGNITION on idatalink and (-)IGNITION 2 on DLPK both go to the same pin on the BCM.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

Behind the underdash fusebox, use the big White wire for your +12.  Tie all your reds together to that. Then  change the big ignition(s) and accessory s on the Python to small gauge wires.  Pink is your Ignition 1, Orange is your accessory 1, Pink/White  is Accessory 2 (change the programming for this wire to Accessory).

Then on the small 4 pin plug, discard the blue and orange... and use the Pink (-) Ignition output for Ignition 2 with a diode,  and the Purple (-) starter output for the negative starter (red wire at plug at BCM) also, with a  diode like the negative ignition. 

This works perfect as I have done ALOT of them this exact same way with the Viper and Avital brands.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic