icon

05 jeep grand cherokee window automation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ka9rqw 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I'm needing help locating a suitable method to automate the windows in an 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that's already got an Autopage RS-1000 remote start installed.
The owner of this vehicle had asked the shop that installed the alarm to install some sort of windows automation, but all they had available was the Autopage AC-78, which wasn't compatible, according to the shop technician. They apparently tried to make it work, but were unsuccessful. I've been asked to look for alternative solutions, and knowing that this is a CANbus vehicle, I started there.
I know that DEI has their CHALL module, and Code-Alarm also has their FLCAN module, both of which interface with the CANbus, but will they allow the owner of the vehicle to open and close their power windows with their Autopage remote?
I can't find any sort of a wiring diagram for the DEI piece, presumably because it comes already wired with the T-harness, and I can't find anything more detailed than the wiring instructions for the FLCAN unit either.
Will either of these modules work as the owner desires with what's already installed, or will he have to scrap the system and start over? And if they will work, does anyone have a clue what will have to be done as far as interfacing and/or programming?
Thanks in advance for any and all help!
--Mike
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

You cant control the windows in that vehicle thru  CAN.

A DEI 530T will do window automation (one touch up/down).  It uses a ground when armed output from the alarm to roll the windows up, and a trigger from an auxillary channel to vent/roll down by remote.

You wire the module between the switch and the motor.  You need a GOOD power supply (like 8 gauge) to the module (recomend mounting INSIDE the vehicle, not inside the door).  And a GOOD ground.

ka9rqw 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
That was what I had thought originally, but it wasn't until the original installers had worked with the Autopage AC-78 for the whole day and not had any luck that I started looking at CAN solutions, figuring that there was no other choice.
I'll tell the owner that we're back to looking at the original option, since that works best for him. The modules are less expensive, and it shouldn't be too hard to do. I can install it for him, I'm sure. I've done these before, and not had any issues.
Thanks for the info!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic