the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

Audiovox has this info for that car.  If you have no speakers in the rear deck, is this a Forte Coupe?  Following info is for the 4 door.

2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. Battery RED (+) RADIO, GRAY 8 PIN PLUG, PIN 4
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. Accesory YELLOW (+) RADIO, GRAY 8 PIN PLUG, PIN 6
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. Ground BLACK (-) RADIO, GRAY 8 PIN PLUG, PIN 8
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. Illumination PINK (+) RADIO, GRAY 8 PIN PLUG, PINS 2
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. Dimmer GRAY (+) RADIO, GRAY 8 PIN PLUG, PIN 7
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. Power Antenna YELLOW/ORANGE (+) RADIO, GRAY 8 PIN PLUG, PIN 3
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. LF Speaker (+) WHITE
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. LF Speaker (-) BLACK
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. RF Speaker (+) YELLOW
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. RF Speaker (-) BLACK
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. LR Speaker (+) RED
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. LR Speaker (-) BLUE
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. RR Speaker (+) RED
2010 Kia Forte Stereo Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image. RR Speaker (-) BLUE

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote splaudio

its the 4 door if you get the premium sound it comes with 6 speakers the extra 2 are in the rear deck. i have the standard sound and it has a 6.5 in each door.

got it for my back and forth to work beater, but still need to beable to do low to mid 40s on the meter cause last car was doing high 44s with a single 10" and i miss it...

kent4223 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kent4223
About VSS wire voltage:
I have a 2010 Kia Forte Koup. According to info from this site, the speed sense wire is GRAY/ORANGE (pin 1, 8-pin radio plug).
However, when I checked the voltage while driving, the average was ~ 6VDC. And when I stopped (engine on), voltage sometimes dropped to 0.05VDC and other times increased to 13.2VDC! (again, when stopped and engine on). When stopped and engine off, VSS voltage was of course 0.0VDC.
Did you connect this VSS wire (GRAY/ORANGE) to your radio; any issues with it?
agraves1 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote agraves1
kent4223 wrote:
About VSS wire voltage:
I have a 2010 Kia Forte Koup. According to info from this site, the speed sense wire is GRAY/ORANGE (pin 1, 8-pin radio plug).
However, when I checked the voltage while driving, the average was ~ 6VDC. And when I stopped (engine on), voltage sometimes dropped to 0.05VDC and other times increased to 13.2VDC! (again, when stopped and engine on). When stopped and engine off, VSS voltage was of course 0.0VDC.
Did you connect this VSS wire (GRAY/ORANGE) to your radio; any issues with it?
The only reason why you would need to connect the VSS wire to your radio is if you had a radio with navigation. VSS stands for vehicle speed sense. For power make sure you have a dedicated 12v and accessory or your radio will not work properly.
MECP Advanced
Make your life easier and buy a DMM.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

Following info is for 2010 Kia Forte Koup.

Speed Sense GRAY (AC) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND HVAC CONTROLS IN CENTER OF DASH

kent4223 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kent4223
Turns out I made a stupid mistake...the voltmeter was set to measure DC NOT AC voltage (speed sense signal is AC). Changed the selection to AC voltage, did the measurements, and all is well. My guess is the 13.2VDC I saw at zero speed is the DC bias voltage??? Anyways, thank you both for your help.
mrm1776 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mrm1776
splaudio wrote:

im gonna use a loc with built in remote output so i will need 12v.

where did you tap there is no rear deck speakers.

Can probably tap in the B pillar before the wires go into the rear doors. Not an ideal spot since you'll have to mono the LOC, but it works.

MECP Basic Installation Tech
Certification ID: CEA195600
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT
Polk Audio DXi 6500 - front
Rockford Fosgate Power T1693 - rear
Alpine MRP-F300
Alpine MRP-M500
Alpine SWR-1242D
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote splaudio

been a long time sence i have been here been soo bizy building custom subs. wanted to update sence its been over a yr, tapped loc in at b pillar on passenger side. the remote output off the loc caused a turn off pop so i used ign wire for remote and all is good.

jomin1016 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jomin1016
Dash kit for kia forte.... http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=8748 if you want to change your stereo.
amacuser 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote amacuser
Is anyone sure of the rear righ/left speakers polarity. I would assume that red is positive and blue negative but cant confirm. I hooked up a psr100 powered substation and i wired it the way that someone said ( not logically ) my sub works but i dont hear anything coming from the speakers in the rear. I am assuming its because i made red negative and blue positive....
2011 Kia Forte Sedan SX
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic