icon

wiring cs130d to cs144 alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrmoto 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2010 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have an 04 Chevrolet Avalanche 4WD 1500 that I am swapping a 200a CS144 alternator into. I have the plug for the CS144 that I am trying to wire to the truck wiring. The truck plug I believe is a CS130D and has 3 unlabeled wires a blue, grey, and brown. The brown is Ign, but I don't know what the other 2 wires do. The CS144 plug has 4 wires. The "S" is red and larger guage, a Brn\wht "P", Brn\red "L", and Brn "F". I can't seem to find this info anywhere. I have found wiring for every other vehicle and application known to man. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the truck. With the Brn\red "L" connected to the grey Ign, the alt will charge but the dash light flashes. I don't want to fry the regulator, so is anyone able to tell me which wire connects to which one?
Truck plug
Blue -->    ?
Grey -->    ?
Brown --> Ign?
mrmoto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2010 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
Correction
mrmoto wrote:
With the Brn\red "L" connected to the Brown Ign, the alt will charge but the dash Batt light flashes.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 05, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Blue is connected to the supplemental brake assist pump motor (this terminal should correspond to the P [phase] terminal and outputs A/C)
Gray is the field duty cycle signal to the PCM (this terminal corresponds to the F [feedback] terminal)
Brown is for the charge lamp indicator (this terminal corresponds to the L [lamp] terminal)
Here the charging system schematic.
The terminal cross-references are:
A = P
B = L
C = F
D = S
You can also use an adapter plug like the one shown in the middle of the following page.
http://www.alternatorparts.com/CS-144_Special_offer.htm
BTW, from the documentation that I have the stock unit is either an AD230 or AD244, rated at 102A and 130A, respectively.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
mrmoto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply! That wiring worked great. I was pretty sure that was the way it needed to be. But I couldn't find any confirmations. I also talked to 2 Alternator\Auto electric shops. They couldn't tell me anything for sure without verifying the regulator. It was good to hear I was on the right track, and you identified the truck wires. Now it's all working as it should.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic