icon

viper 550esp and b520

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cfinger 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2010 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a 1996 240sx "in a box". Engine in one, body in another and parts and pieces in still another. It has a Viper 550ESP alarm with a battery back up attached some of the wiring not connected. I searched on forums and found a wiring diagram for the 550 but not the battery back up module. It is a DEI B520 it has a Red, Gray, Black, and Blue wire on one side. I can't find any help with the connections of said wires. I have tried some of the links to DEI's web site for tech but I have to be "authorized" to log in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched this site and read for over an hr. but can't find a solution. At some point it pays to quit an just pay someone to do It for me. It's not like I don't have another box to go though anything else to do. I can't afford to put everything back together and have the car not start due to the alarm system. Thanks
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

sounds like the same wire colors as the current model, the DEI 520T (info available on this site).

those little batteries are not that good. if you want it to work better get a 12v battery that is 2 or 3 times larger.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
cfinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info! I'll search for the info on the 520T.
cfinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Found the info for the 520T and it looks to be the same module. I've also found the upgrade for the battery on ebay for $18 shipped. I have a Master Battery in my town so I'll check there before I buy anything. I'm still in the tear down stage with no voltage to check anything with @ this point. I was wanting to clean up some of the wiring from the last guy that cut and slashed. I'll do testing when I start back with my build before I start to tie and pack everything up nice and neat. Thanks for all the help! I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic