icon

1999 dodge caravan, carvox unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I reread you post. I had skipped around the first time and noticed most of my post was either covered or didn't apply(you have onboard relays). Sorry, but I would still double check you have the correct WHITE/ green though.
aviator172 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
Do you have the proper WHITE/ dark green wire? I recently did a 98 caravan and the plug @ the BCM had 3 of them I believe. If there wasn't 3 of them there was definitely 2. I put a stripped wire into the molex plug where the factory wire enters the plug, then plugged it back into the BCM. I operated the locks from the drivers door and put a meter on the other end of that wire I stuffed into the molex plug. I watched for negative pluses and I had the right one on the first try. I kinda remember it being more to the center of the plug versus around the edges??? But test anyway. I don't know what the other WHITE/ dark green do...
After I wrote all this, I noticed that you did not mentioned if you are using relays or not. I used relays and the values 4020 and 665. If you are not using relays, I would test to see if its the right wire first, and then if not using relays is the problem. Take one end of the unlock resistors to the WHITE/ green and the other directly to ground and see if it unlocks. If it does use relays. I "think" you can do it with out relays but you need to use a different resistor value as the remote starter lock/unlock outputs have an internal resistance that will interfere with the resistor values. Using relays eliminates this problem. The car i did with relays worked on the first shot with relays.
Hope this helps,
Frank
Thanks Frank,
Your hint about not using external relays changing the required resistor value is something I will explore. I did try going down in resistance from 665 down to 550 but it did not seem to make any difference. What I haven't done is gone the other way and tried a higher resistance. I may try this over the weekend.
What baffles me is that it works PERFECTLY if I simply unplug the other BCM plug.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Is it working from the drivers door key cylinder? If you don't use the factory FOB to arm it and just close all the doors and lock the doors using the drivers door cylinder, the "alarm set" light should come on steady and start blinking after about a minute. Verify that it working that way.
aviator172 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I can definitely lock and unlock the van with the key.   That does work fine.   However, I was really wanting a remote to lock and unlock the doors and at the same time arm and disarm the factory alarm along with the carvox.   I do not have a factory key fob.
The ONLY thing I'm lacking is unlocking with my carvox remote.
I'm going to try a higher value resistor. If that doesn't work, I'm going to reconnect the alarm's "Factory Disarm" wire to the van's Door lock wire which is white with a dark green stripe.
Maybe the alarm has to be "Disarmed" an instant BEFORE the locks will unlock?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic