icon

compustar cm6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreatinkaos 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

I just had a compustar cm6000 installed and I have a question.  The install shop said I have to bring the car back to them if the battery dies or is disconnected, they said the alarm will still work, but the remote start wont.  I really don't want to return to their shop because of the bad install job they did .... blocking diodes just twisted on to stripped wires in the car's wiring harness, lack of second diode set to prevent false alarms when the body control module shuts down to save the battery.  Heck ... they spent five days adjusting the shock sensor thinking that was the problem .... even though the led flashes indicated a door alarm.  I have a one way am remote.

What do I have to do if I disconnect the battery?  Is it just a matter of learning the tach voltage, and remotes etc.... ?

kreatinkaos 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
My car is a 2006 ford taurus.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

I recently pulled the fuses to a CM6200 that was installed 3 months ago to make some wiring changes.  It was set to Tach mode and had 1 way FM remotes..  After 15 minutes, the fuses were installed and everything still worked. 

I can't think of a transponder bypass that would require re-programming after a power loss either.  I have temporarily removed power from PKFM's, PKALL's, XK04's, ADS TB's  and 1100F's without issues.  If they used a Blade TB it should be the same.

The Ford GEM module is known for causing false alarms when it goes to sleep and also needing to be awakened to get the door locks to work afterwards.  You should solder and insulate all those connections.

Locate and download the CM6x00 install guide just in case.  Re-learning the Tach or re-programming the remotes is fairly easy.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

i havnt seen the system going into lockout mode.

you will definitly have to reprogram tach which is VERY easy, start car, let it reach idle, step on brakes and press start on the fob(remote)

the pairing of the remotes can loose programming, if thats the case, just place keys into ign, cycle it 5 times leaving it on at ign, wait for 2 clicks, press lock on all remotes and just wait 10 seconds, turn ign off.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2010 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
Following Kreg's and Tedmund's learned replies, I can only assume the shop wants to take more money off you!
2 days for a shock sensor? Don't make me laugh.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2010 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry 5? As a contractor that equals 5 alarms + R/S installs. And diode blocked yes we have that problem on Fords and some VW and Fiat.
kreatinkaos 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guyscompustar cm6000 -- posted image.

I added diodes to each door switch input on the gem module to eliminate false alarms when it shuts down.  Reprogramming the remotes and relearning the tach voltage was painless.

Now I just need to install pin switches for the hood and trunk, a battery backup, and hide the cm6000 plus transponder in a safe place.

simplyfalling 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2010 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

I install compustar exclusively.  What I have found is that if the battery is disconnected the starter will go into valet mode.  This can easily be cured by pressing the lock and trunk release button simultaniously.  This should get the starter working again.  I inform all my clients of this at pickup, and explain how they can do it themselves.  I do, however, suggest that they come back to the shop if they do not feel confident that they can perform this function.  Obviously, I never charge, and always drop what I am doing to take care of them. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic