5901 and ads al ca rs issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thunderplains 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Ok,

I finally got everything installed.  I have tested the system to a point (arm/disarm, single unlock, double, trunk release)

I had to reset the ADS and program it correctly and it worked without issues. (Being that programming seemed to pick up the data it needed, no flashing lights)
Anyways, my issue.

I have the following wires connected..

5901 - RS harness, Brown (brake shutdown input) to ADS, Orange, brake output

5901 - RS harness, BLACK/ White (Neutral safety input) to ADS, green, e-brake output

I also have verified and checked that the "Neutral safety switch" is connected correctly to the 5901 and is in the "on" position.

The car starts without issue using the key, but when I remote start the car, I get the following error.

REMOTE START ERROR (8 flashes) Neutral safety wire has no ground or the neutral safety switch is off.

I am not quite sure where to go next with this or what tests to run to isolate further.  I do

"see" any other issues.. yet.., so I am going to assume that the brain is "good"

Also, here is the remote starter harness wiring as well (I have a 2009 Camry SE, 2.4l)

Any input and assistance would be greatly appreciated in helping me resolve this.

H3       

Pink IGN 1 output    TO CamSE IGN 2 / ADSALCA Yellow / Pink IGN Harness (pin 6) / IGN sense input
RED / White 12v constant fused 30a input (87 of RS flex relay) +  TO CamSE 12v Con Black IGN Harness (pin 5)
Orange Accessory output   TO n/u  
Violet Starter output (car side)   TO CamSE Start 2 Blue IGN Harness (pin 7)
Green Starter output (key side)   TO CamSE Start 2 Blue IGN Harness (pin 7)
Red 12v constant fused 30a input (for IGN1 relay) +  TO CamSE 12v Con Black IGN Harness (pin 5)
Pink/White Flex Relay output (default IGN2, prgm)   TO CamSE IGN 1 Pink IGN Harness (pin 1)
Pink/Black Flex Relay contact 87a (defualt IGN2, prgm)   TO n/u  
RED / Black 12v constant fused 30a input (Access & Starter) +  TO CamSE 12v con Black IGN Harness (pin 5)

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  

A couple of things.

If the car is an automatic, just connect the neutral safety switch input to chassis ground. 

There are 2 Starter wires at the Ignition switch.  Look for the Starter 2 wire, it should be Gray (+).  You will need a 30/40 A SPDT relay with 20 A fuse for this connection.  Relay control can be supplied by Remote Start 5 pin Aux Connector, Pin3 Violet wire (-) 200ma Starter Output.

You showed NC for the Orange H3 Accessory wire.  It should be connected to the cars White (+) accessory wire at Pin 2 of the ignition switch.

Soldering is fun!
thunderplains 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

A couple of things.

If the car is an automatic, just connect the neutral safety switch input to chassis ground. 

There are 2 Starter wires at the Ignition switch.  Look for the Starter 2 wire, it should be Gray (+).  You will need a 30/40 A SPDT relay with 20 A fuse for this connection.  Relay control can be supplied by Remote Start 5 pin Aux Connector, Pin3 Violet wire (-) 200ma Starter Output.

You showed NC for the Orange H3 Accessory wire.  It should be connected to the cars White (+) accessory wire at Pin 2 of the ignition switch.

Ok, so remove the neutral safety connection from the ADS-CA and go to ground?

Second, I already to have a relay in place for the starter 2, spliced into the gray wire, all set there..

As far as accessory, I opted NOT to attach the Orange H3 to the White accessory on the switch, I did not have the need for any of the accessories

to come online when the car starts.. Wrong direction?

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds good.  Viper Neutral Safety to chasis ground.  That sounds like the primary problem.

So the Camry is an automatic?  Did you switch the Viper 5901 to Automatic trans?  Did you run it in Tach Mode and do a Tach Learn?

The Accessory wire might control the Heater / Air Conditioning, too.  You will find out once you get it remote started.

Soldering is fun!
thunderplains 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Sounds good.  Viper Neutral Safety to chasis ground.  That sounds like the primary problem.

So the Camry is an automatic?  Did you switch the Viper 5901 to Automatic trans?  Did you run it in Tach Mode and do a Tach Learn?

The Accessory wire might control the Heater / Air Conditioning, too.  You will find out once you get it remote started.

Yes, I did switch it to automatic.. RIght now, I have it setup for virtual tach. How do you run it in tach mode to learn? (once I get RS running)

kreg357 
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
Connect the Viper 5901 Tach wire ( Remote Start Input Pin 2 Violet/White wire ) to the ADS AL CA Tach Out wire (PURPLE / White).  Change Viper Menu 3, Item 2 to Option 4.   To Tach Learn, start the car with the key, within 5 seconds press and hold the valet/program switch, after 3 seconds the LED goes constant on ( tach signal learned ), release valet/program switch.
Soldering is fun!
thunderplains 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

Is the virtual tach crap?  DEI says "great" 

I'm going to ground the b/w wire shortly, give update after..

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
ive had 50/50 luck with virtual tach    i run tach when ever possible much more reliable
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
thunderplains 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

Alright..

Removed the green e-brake wire from the AS harness, soldered on a lead and grounded it.

Also set the Tach mode from Virtual to Tach (Opt 4), Hit the remote start button.. Bingo.. Started first time..

A quick question though..  With the Viper 5901 and the Camry

I ran the optional defroster wire to the kick panel (green wire) and setup opt 15 on menu 3 to latch.

How do I check to see if this is working?  The defroster light does not light up on the insrument panel??

Thanks Kreg for your help..

kreg357 
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

On the defrost, you could use a DMM and meter the rear window grid connections for power.  You could also locate the defrost relay and listen / feel for it to click when you use the remote to turn on the defroster.  ( Of course if its under the hood and you installed the Hood Pin shutdown.... )  Or you could wait for a cold day.  5901 and ads al ca rs issue -- posted image.

Did you need / connect the Accessory wire for the heat / A/C?

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic