complete but remote not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
criper 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

criper wrote:

Do i need to combine the lock and arm wires on the remote start and hook them up to the arm/lock wire on the remote start?

I meant the arm/lock wire on the bypass.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

I believe we are talking about 2 things here.

Lock/UnLock/Arm/DisArm            Does the remote start do keyless entry?  If yes, you want to connect the remote starts lock & unlock outputs to the bypass module.  The bypass module sends the commands on to the car thru Can Data.  The iDatalink takes the remote starts unlock signal and tells the car to disarm and unlock.  The bypass module takes the remote starts lock command and passes that onto the car as a lock and arm command.    Using the bypass module to disarm the factory alarm requires an unlock command from the remote start, which will also unlock the doors. 

Door Triggers             The door trigger is a signal the car generates when a door is open.  The remote start needs to see that to do programming, I think.  As I said I am not familiar with your Python remote start unit.   The iDatalink bypass does output a Door Status signal that you could connect to the Pythons (-) Door Trigger input.  Or you could connect the Python directly to the Rogues door trigger wire in the DKP or BCM.

Does your Rogue have the factory alarm?  Even if it does, the alarm will not sound if the car is remote started while alarmed.

Soldering is fun!
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the detailed explanation Kreg. I was asking about the door status output on the bypass, and I think the discussion went in the wrong direction. I'm pretty comfortable with my wiring of the lock/arm and unlock/disarm. I've even tested it by grounding the terminals and the doors lock and unlock as expected.
I've reviewed the python wiring diagram multiple times and just don't see anything that resembles door status or door trigger. Maybe I can scan the wiring diagram and post it here.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
Green wire on plug H1 marked neg door trigger or door trigger-
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the wiring diagram. No Door trigger wire.
complete but remote not working - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

OK. No door trigger to worry about.  No Python expert, but I imagine that to program your remotes you use the Valet/Program button. 

Still the unanswered question, Is this unit a remote start only or does it include keyless entry?  That will determine how you connect the R/S door lock or arm/disarm wires to the bypass module.

Soldering is fun!
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
This is just a remote start. The remote has a single button, just to start the car. No lock/unlock buttons.
Also, to answer a previous question about the factory alarm. I think it has one?!? There is a security led, and a panic button on the key fob.
kreg357 
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

Easiest way to find out.  Roll down drivers door window.  Lock car with factory FOB.  Wait for two minutes.  Reach in window and open door with inside door handle.  If horn beeps, you got the factory security.  As I mentioned earlier, even with factory security, the alarm should not sound if the car is remote started.  If you connect the Pythons disarm wire to the iDatalink UnLock/DisArm wire, it will unlock/disarm before remote start.  Then you would have to set the Python to Arm after start and connect the Arm wire to the bypass Lock/Arm wire to re-secure the Rogue.

But first you have to get the Pythons' one button transmitters programmed.  Perhaps if you listed the Python model number and the Part number / FCC number of the transmitters a Python person could help.

Soldering is fun!
criper 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

It's a Python Responder One Model # 4203P

The numbers on the transmitter are as follows.  (Not sure which one is most helpful)

RPN 7211P

IC: 1513A-7211

FCC ID: EZSDEI7211

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Got to be a faulty unit, it's so simple.
BUT please double check all your wiring, incidentally if you ground the WHITE/ blue activation input (probably twice in succession) does it remote start?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic