icon

choosing immobilizer bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brown324 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
So I am installing an avital remote/keyless in my 2000 accord and I can't decide which immobilizer bypass to get seems like three options from dei the PKALL    the PK05     and the 556H which one should I get and why?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
PK05...did you mean XK05?
I remember trying out the older bypasses on those cars when they first came out, and I think they mostly sucked.
Half the time they wouldn't program, and if I remember correctly, it depends on which key was used during programming, Apparently some Honda keys are coded to the car as Masters, and some as Subs, or something like that, and there's no way to tell just by looking at the key.
So tech support would tell us to have all three original keys to the car available during install (the two black regular keys and the gray valet). Of course, most of the time the whole reason we were using the module was because the customer bought the car used and had only one key.
So anyway, sorry for the long answer....
If you have all three keys, and you find an older bypass like the 556H or any of those, and it's a really, really good deal, sure, why not go for it.
The XK05 should work well enough, but where are you buying it? The XK05 is flashable to work on all kinds of different cars. If you buy it from an online seller who doesn't know what he's doing, he could send it to you with the wrong firmware, and you're stuck chasing around for someone who will reflash it for you, or you'll have to buy the special cable to do it yourself.
The PKALL is a rebranded Fortin Key-Override-All and works well. It comes pre-loaded with the firmware and even includes the install guide. I'd go with the PKALL if it's not too expensive.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

Are you using only DEI modules for the D2D install capability?

The XK05 would need to be flashed with the PKH2 firmware.  That requires the special XKLoader cable.

The PKALL is a good choice and comes pre-loaded, but can only be used / programmed once to one car.

The 556H is discontinued and not even listed on their web site.  It can be found at internet stores for very reasonable prices.  Same for the PKH2 ( $10.50 ), that you didn't mention, and both work well but don't have D2D capability.

If you went with a W2W install ( 3 wires instead of the D2D cable ) you could use the iDatalink ADS TBSL HA.  Fortin offers 3 bypass modules for your car, Key-OverRide-All ( similar to PKALL ), Honda-SL2 and Honda-SL3.  All come preloaded and work well, but can be pricey.

All the modules listed have good reliability and similar install wiring.  It all depends on what is most important to you. D2D install, price, extra USB cables to flash firmware, one use only, etc.  If you don't mind the W2W, don't have the XKLoader cable, want a low price with reliabilty, go with the PKH2. 

If price is no object and you want D2D connectivity, buy a XKLoader2 cable and go with the XK05 & flash it with the PKH2 firmware.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Chris, been there with the red key, it's a place no one needs to go!
brown324 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

I think I want to do the PKALL with D2D but looking at the install instructions they have me a bit confused, could someone clear this up for me?

Connecter 2 -white 6 pin-

PURPLE / white data  -->Red data ecm side

yellow/black  synchro --> blue synchro

blue (-) while running --> (-) status output on remote start

green --- not used

yellow  ignition  --> yellow/black ignition

white --- not used

Connecter 1 -black 4 pin- D2D direct plug in to remote start

Connecter 3 -white 4 pin- (this is what is throwing me off, maybe i'm just not thinking clearly, but, in the picture it shows this as relay 1a and relay 1b, are these internal relays and this connecter just plugs directly into the unit, or do I need to wire up relays?)

WHITE/ black --> Red data ecm side (along with PURPLE / white from conn. 2)

white --> Red data ignition side

pink/black -not used-

pink -not used-

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

The "relays" are internal and contained in the PKALL.  Nothing extra needed.

Buy the PKALL from a reputable source, ensuring it is "Brand New, Never Used" ( take referrence of the note at Step 3 ).   Make sure you follow the programming guide carefully.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic