the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

gx470 remote starter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

If you don't have the XKLoader2 cable, try to purchase the XK05 from a place that will flash any requested firmware prior to shipment, that way you will get the latest version.  I have gotten "old" stock items with the correct firmware but an older out of date version.  Sometimes places like BestBuy might do it for you.

I believe the XK05s' Keysense output is meant to dis-arm the facrtory alarm and you won't need to run GWR from the remote start to the cars' Keysense wire.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

If you don't have the XKLoader2 cable, try to purchase the XK05 from a place that will flash any requested firmware prior to shipment, that way you will get the latest version.  I have gotten "old" stock items with the correct firmware but an older out of date version.  Sometimes places like BestBuy might do it for you.

I believe the XK05s' Keysense output is meant to dis-arm the facrtory alarm and you won't need to run GWR from the remote start to the cars' Keysense wire.

Got you ! Thanks,

Let me try the XK05 keysense output to see if it'd disarm the factory alarm and if it's not then I'll use feed GND when running from the remote starter.

I've done some online search and there some places sold XK05-PKTI and it's only listed as XK05 flashed with the latest firmware like this website

http://www.buy.com/prod/xpresskit-xk05-data-transponder-override-interface/q/loc/111/205811420.html

Does it mean that this unit has been flashed with PKTI firmware ?

With your extensive knowledge about remote starter and alarm installation and with my curiousity, my question regarding the push button (smart start) technology:

Is there a big difference between installing an ignition key start and push button start ? as far as I can tell the only difference is the immobilizer bypass and with the push button (smart start) required an immobilizer bypass support smart start like the XK05-PKTI.

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
keysense shuts off the OE alarm.... use TI firmware... much easier... all XK modules can be reflashed..... locks can be grabbed analogue in the PKP or via data (TOYDL) in the DKP....

kgerry,

You mentioned locks can be done via data on 06 Lexus GX470 ? if so what other functions can be done via data ?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  

Re XK05 link:  There is no exact mention of the firmware type actually on the module.  While it does say it will work on Toyota, as you know, there are two firmwares that work for Toyota.  Most of the XK05s I have seen come with the PKT2 flavor.  PM to follow.

Installing a remote start on PTS cars is a little more complicated.  More wires to connect.  Also "key take over" can be an issue with some models.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Re XK05 link:  There is no exact mention of the firmware type actually on the module.  While it does say it will work on Toyota, as you know, there are two firmwares that work for Toyota.  Most of the XK05s I have seen come with the PKT2 flavor.  PM to follow.

Installing a remote start on PTS cars is a little more complicated.  More wires to connect.  Also "key take over" can be an issue with some models.

Sorry for the off topic. I just want to finish up the topic I started and I'd like to make an example out of the PTS cars, let say I'd to install the remote starter on an 08 Camry with PTS.

I went to Xpresskit compatibility website and found the immobilizer bypass module that's compatible.  From the compatible table

http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2008&make=Toyota&model=Camry%20%28Smart%20Key%29&ps=1&s=0

I picked the PKALL and based on their wiring diagram, If I connect all the wires from the wiring diagram, would I be able to remote start the car w/o a problem ?

Thanks again,

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic