5000 watt subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
It won't have killer highs.
The car needs to be going so fast so the alternator charges. (True! The faster the engine revs, the faster the car - it's on the net. But not for bikes - the world's Fastest Indian was only 4,000RPM - but bikes are smaller so they can use torque instead.)
Anyhow, because it's so fast, the sound slows down hence giving it a bass sound. (Like the Doppler red shift. It should be blue due to shorter wavelengths, but thanks to Tesla's corrupted Einstein Relativity, it still takes longer to reach you, hence a deepening frequency shift.)
Facing the speakers rearwards yields the correct results (a treble aka blue shift that is higher in frequency) but whilst that improves fuel economy & acceleration, it's too quiet for anyone sitting forward.
Hence why people that really know what they are doing use small alternators and bigger batteries - then their speed has no effect on the battery discharge.
[ Which coincidentally is just as well - I have seen too much damage caused when the battery charger's extension lead run out! And longer 4 or 0 Gauge AC rated extension cords cost a fortune! Whilst copper-free Oxygen is ok, it is to difficult to confine to an electricity conducting channel. ]
Hence BTTF's fluxgate capacitor - it converts relativistic (ie, gravitic) flux proportionately to speed to offset the time domain changes. Best of all, being a cap it isn't sensitive to acceleration. (Inductors react to the integral of acceleration, hence their use in jump technology whereas caps are used for spatially-zero time "jumps". FYI - many still use resistors to try to dampen or slow transitions, and despite the "wormholes" you see on Stargate etc (ha ha!), this is yet to be achieved. I still maintain that resistance is futile!)    
But there lies the crutch. People now refer to flux-capacitor. The gating has been dropped. I see this as a another successful shift "away from the truth" to induce failure so that people move back to time honored snake-oil remedies and car amplifier systems.
People still by stiffening caps and amplifiers whose output increases with voltage.
I rest my case!
And hence why you won't get those killer highs.
If anything, any highs will kill you!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
i think my head's going to explode.
mrarff 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Old Spark, how 'bout sending me some of that "killer ganga" you must be smoking! I was kiddin' about the wedge speakers, OK?
"That'll get ya 10 in Leavenworth,11 in Twelveworth, or 5 & 10 in Woolworth". Groucho Marx                                                      
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Careful - last person that accused me of that upset the 160 other hi-tek forummers that were "obviously" less clever than I was. They especially hated the accusation that they were slower than dope smokers. (Which they were - dope smoking colleagues understood the issue and even saw their contradictions - not bad for "losers" compared to hitek EMS hackers...!)
But I was just replying to your "highs" comment... I have seen so much crap in the published specs of boss similar speakers lately that I thought I'd add some of my own - even though there is probably more fact in mine than fiction.
At least I'm not dumb enough to say RMS power = 0.7 x peak power!
But I still want to know what mechanism they use to have SMPS output voltage proportional to input voltage (eg. from 12V to 18V)!
If those outputs induce artificial THC, I apologise for misinterpreting your high.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic