icon

viper 5301 remote car start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gmonde 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
nothing happens ,,the remote kicks back with a red beep  ,,there is no attempt for start(no activation from the box),the power locks work and lights will flash when using the lock and unlock ,but no start activation  ,,,,
gmonde
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

If your power locks are working from the Viper remote, sound like the brain is getting power from the H1/2 wire. 

1.  How is the H3 harness connected?  List which wire you put,  to what on your vehicle.

2. How is the 2nd starter  and the 2 ignition connected? 

3. If you remove the H3 harness from the brain, do you have 12 volts at the pins for  the Red, RED / White, and RED / Black wires ??

4.  Does this unit have an 18 pin harness?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
gmonde 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

i will check tomorrow ,i am done for to night  but here is the layout for the h/3

Pink goes to the BLACK/ red

Red, RED / White, and RED / Black ALL go to the WHITE/ Blue
Orange goes to the WHITE/ green wire
Pink/White goes to the blue / YELLOW wire
Violet splits and goes to the GREEN/ black AND the BLACK/ white

the express pkall hooks to the key sense wire to the to pin on the ignition barrel GREEN/ black next to the white black

the data wires connect to the #4 and #5 pin on the ignition barrel

the blue/white wire is hooked to blue on the status wire,the d2d cable goes back to the remote starter ,,this seamed to program as stated in the instructions,my question is does the pkall bypass the factory antitheft from the start request from the 5301 and this would cancel out the anti theft and throught the data lines would feed back to the 5301and allow startup ???  garrett

gmonde
gmonde 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
gmonde wrote:

i will check tomorrow ,i am done for to night  but here is the layout for the h/3

Pink goes to the BLACK/ red

Red, RED / White, and RED / Black ALL go to the WHITE/ Blue
Orange goes to the WHITE/ green wire
Pink/White goes to the blue / YELLOW wire
Violet splits and goes to the GREEN/ black AND the BLACK/ white

the express pkall hooks to the key sense wire to the to pin on the ignition barrel GREEN/ black next to the white black

the data wires connect to the #4 and #5 pin on the ignition barrel

the blue/white wire is hooked to blue on the status wire,the d2d cable goes back to the remote starter ,,this seamed to program as stated in the instructions,my question is does the pkall bypass the factory antitheft from the start request from the 5301 and this would cancel out the anti theft and throught the data lines would feed back to the 5301and allow startup ???  garrett

and yes it does have the 18 pin harness with the extra aux wires     garrett

gmonde
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
DON'T SPLIT THE VIOLET
Wire through a relay as I showed you earlier.
This will give you DESTRUCTIVE problems with your R/S and might affect start and run of the car.
gmonde 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
DON'T SPLIT THE VIOLET
Wire through a relay as I showed you earlier.
This will give you DESTRUCTIVE problems with your R/S and might affect start and run of the car.

i will add the relay as suggested ,,,i dont think this a result of the system not communicating with the bypass unit    garrett

gmonde
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
No but if the car manufacturer uses two starters and/or ignitions and the R/S manufacturer does the same, don't you think there's a reason for following them? By-pass supposed to join the key sense wire, I thought you had to diode split the status output from the R/S to do that...I might be wrong. Check your instructions and test.
gmonde 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
No but if the car manufacturer uses two starters and/or ignitions and the R/S manufacturer does the same, don't you think there's a reason for following them? By-pass supposed to join the key sense wire, I thought you had to diode split the status output from the R/S to do that...I might be wrong. Check your instructions and test.

i had checked the instructions severeal times for the bypass modual and there are no diodes mentioned or in the diagram i will double check once again     it looks i will have to call the manufacture        thanks for your input   garrett

gmonde
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

You should be able to use the H2/13 ~ (-) 200mA Purple Starter Output to run the relay for your Starter 2~ BLACK/ White.   

H2/13 Purple to pin 85,  Pin 30 to Starter 2~BLACK/ White,  12 Volts Constant to Pin 86 and 87. 

Howie II, should this relay have a diode across the 85 ~ 86 pins?  I am not sure about it.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
Smokeman, according to KP they have internal diodes, I just won't take the chance.
I haven't the patience, could you explain to our friend about the key sense and dioding a status output?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic