recommendation on remote start, alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gamble 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys.
I have a 97 maxima Se auto. What do you recommend for a remote start and possibly alarm but need a recommendation on what is good and won't break the bank. I would like to spend less than $100 if possible and install it myself. This won't be my first install, but it will be my first install with a chipped key.
I found a local selling 3 B562t remote starts and 4 immobilizer 556uw. He says the 556uw are for honda/acura, but can it be used on a nissan or gm or anything else? I had this remote start on a prior car but the range was terrible. Do they sell better antennas that will be plug and play? OR other accessories such as where you can call your car to start it?
Ideally an LCD would be sweet, but if I can get 3 remote starts and 4 immoblizers for $75 then why not right?
Thanks in advance!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

Are you sure the 1997 Nissan Maxima has a transponder key?  The info I have indicates that some late model 1999s' had a transponder but not in 1997.  None of the major bypass manufactures list a product for your car.  An easy test is to buy a plain key for $1.89 at the local hardware store and try it.

The DEI 556UW is a universal transponder bypass module and will work on most transponder key vehicles but requires an extra key left inside the module.  Here is a link for more info :  http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=44

What type of range do you need?  Finding a quality remote start / keyless entry / alarm system with long range two way LCD transmitters for under $100 might be a challange.

Soldering is fun!
gamble 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
I read online that the black keys had chips and the grey ones did not. Maybe I'm wrong, that would be nice.
It doesn't have to be a two way, but it's nice to start the car inside work when the car is in the parking garage. So if someone makes a plug and play better range antenna and the call your car to start feature that would be great and I wouldn't need a 2 way remote.
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Just go get a copy of the key and see if it will start the car. Only real way to find out.....dont go by word.
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
you dont have a chip in that maxima unless you have a 99. Go for the python 580, or the Viper 5301. If the head of the key is square you have a immobilizer, if it is oval shape there is not a chip in the key

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic