icon

python 1401, 2006 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  

although i have no experience with that particular model...

does the time that you are unable to do the locks have anything to do with a domelight supervision issue?

operate the locks and keep trying them untill after the dome light goes out. maybe that can give you some direction.

just a thought.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
smokediver24 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I got an idea I know you have solutions to, I have a 2006 silverado with python 1401 remote start/keyless entry. I also have the smart start module.
I have the option on the smart start to pop the trunk, well I have no trunk, so I was wanting to have this power the heated seats. I know I could have the rated seats come on with just the remote start up, but I wouldn't want them coming on in the summer:/
I know I need a relay, just wanting to check and see with y'all on how I should wire the relay up. I have 2 relays I can use, a 5pin and a 4 pin. I like the 5 pin I have because it has a plug with wires all ready to be connected, but the 4 pin does not. All and all I'll use which ever one I have to. I also got all the resistors(various sizes)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a timed aux out put on the 1401? Or an aux you can programme a timed?
Find the wire that goes "hot (i.e. 12v+) when seat heater is turned on
OR measure the output at the switches, you will have to test and let us know because I've no idea whether the switch puts out a neg or a pos and whether it's a constant or a pulse.
smokediver24 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, ive got my python 1401 up and running in my 06 silverado. Am using the xk01.. and t-harness, and smart start. All works fine except a few issues.
I noticed yesterday that nothing would work(the remote starter, bypass, smart start). I looked at all 3 modules and none of the lights on the modules were even on. I checked the line fuses, checked my fuses on truck, unplugged the units and plugged back in, still no power. Well i had to go some where so i used my factory remote and key and both worked as normal. It was like my truck didnt even have anything added. Once i got to my destination the remote start/xk01/smart start were back on acting flawlessly again.
Tonight it did it to me again, so i left the modules where i could see them(the led lights), and i cranked the truck,started to backed out of my driveway, and after about 25 feet everthing powered up.
It seems like the 12v constant wires from my ignition harness are losing power. I dont think its fuses cause if one went out then it wont come back on till replaced. Im totally lost:/
smokediver24 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Here is my wiring i posted in another thread with the exception of running my tach to the white tach behind cluster
r/s Pink Ign 1    to       T-harness Ign 1
r/s Pink/white Ign 2    to       T-harness Ign 2
r/s Orange Acc      to        T-harness Access    
r/s Violet Start    to     T-harness Start
r/s Red fused ign 1 in     to      T-harness 12v
r/s RED / Black fused acc    to      T-harness 12v
both Red and RED / black from r/s are ran to one single 12v in T-harness
r/s RED / White fused ign 2 in    to     T-harness 12v
r/s Red 12v constant (H1/2)      to     T- harness 12v
both RED / white and Red are ran to other 12v in T-harness
H1/5 Black ground to vehicle ground @ chassis
H1/11 Parking light to Brown in drivers kick panel