icon

05 dodge magnum, viper 5901, db all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
classicradio 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hello! Hopefully one of you can help me out.
My 4th remote start install is on my new (to me) 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T. I've purchased a Viper 5901 and an Xpresskit DB-ALL w/ firmware v3.07 for this install. I've wired and installed both modules D2D but I've run into an issue - I cannot get the vehicle to crank when I try to remote start.
After pushing the remote start button, the EVIC dash cluster lights up indicating "Key In," the fuel pump primes, and the stereo/heater turns on, but the car does not crank. This repeats 3 time and fails. If I run diagnostic, I get #3 No/Low RPMs. There is no difference if I leave the key in or out of the ignition while starting. (Yes I have a transponder key.)
I have connected the tach wire W2W and did a tach learn successfully, so I think I've ruled out the tach as being an issue. I've also observed that if the vehicle is running and I push remote start, when I remove the key the vehicle remains running. The brake input shutdown works properly from run. The door lock/unlock and alarm disarm/arm also seem to work fine.
I have some concern that I may not have initialized the DB-ALL module correctly. Upon plugging in the D2D cable, the DB-ALL LED does not light solid Orange according to the programming instructions on page 11 of the install manual, but rather I get flashing orange. Upon cycling the ignition and factory keyless entry the LED turns off, so I assumed that the programming at least partially worked. There is no listing in the troubleshooting chart on page 15 of this manual for the flashing orange condition that I have, so I really don't know if the programming discrepancy has anything to do with the vehicle not starting. I've followed the wiring diagram #4 for my car. The manual can be found at: http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6774&productid=461&firmwareid=1914 I've even made all of the optional W2W connections, yet this combination refuses to work!
If anyone has any pointers on what to check next, I'm all ears! Thanks!
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
do you have the starter wire at pin 4 in the ignition plug
if you did did you hook the BROWN / red of the bypass to 12 volt positive and the yellow/red to that wire
to me it has to do something with the starter wires and multiplex
classicradio 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply. It turns out your hint was pretty close. The instructions for the DB-ALL said to connect the Yellow/Red and BROWN / Red wires if your vehicle has a (+) START wire on pin 4 of the ignition. I took that to mean that I should connect both of these wires to pin 4. I ended up connecting BROWN / red to 12VDC, and yellow/red to the START wire pin 4, and now everything works.
I believe the above application would only apply where pin 4 is constant 12V. This is really not clear in the instructions!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic