icon

remote starter, 2007 pontiac pursuit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hockey4ever 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,    i just got a new car and the remote starter doesn't work. I don't know where the brain unit is located in the car. I checked under the dash beneath the stearing wheel and there is no trace of starter unit. On the back of the remote, i can see the following number NAHTDK4. Maybe i only need to reprogram the unit. Is there any other place i should find the unit? Tx for your help
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
just about every car out the has the remote start installed under the drivers side dash. the easiest way to find it is to remove the dash panel to find the ignition harness. then follow the wire attached to it and follow them to the brain. some other helpful info is the year, make, &model vehicle and how many buttons on the remote or maybe a picture of it.
hockey4ever 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the picture if the remote
remote starter, 2007 pontiac pursuit  - Last Post -- posted image.   
The car is a Pontiac Pursuit 2007
When you say dash panel, do you mean the panel under the stearing wheel?
hockey4ever 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Does anybody know wich company is doing that remote?
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

It doesnt look like anything ive ever seen. i would guess tho that the green is a company logo maybe?

yes the panel under the steering column. remove it and find your ignition harness and trace the wires. there or it may be in the center console. the wires for remote start can also be found at the bcm which is on the passenger side of the console

lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

The number on the back is the FCC ID.  This identifies the transmitter as an AutoStart  product, and the model tested for the FCC ID was the AS-2510TW, a two way LCD remote system--possibly you are looking at the companion remote (1 WAY) or a replacement remote. Many times the FCC report is for a family of products, rather than that specific model--that model may have been representative of the product family offering compatible wth that transmitter. 

This is from the operational description from the FCC report:

SYSTEM DESCRIPTION, ASTR2144

The ASTR2144 transmitter is used in a half duplex car starter/alarm system and operates

at 433.920MHz, WBFM. The ASTR2144 is used as the second remote for the 2-Way

system. (1-Way only Remote to Car)

The remote can also be used for a 1-Way system.

Here is the link to Auto Start....This wil maybe give you  better idea of how the system works.

http://www.autostart.ca/downloads_user_install_guides.php

Also, there should be an antenna on the windshield for this system.  It might be easiest to just trace the wire down to where it feeds under the dash, and find the bran that way.  You may have to remove a dash panel to actually access/see the brain.

Lectric Guy
simplyfalling 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
On those vehicles I mount my RS units under the console.  If your looking at the passenger side of the interior, you will notice a removable panel for access to the interior fuse panel.  The drivers side panel removes in much the same manner and usually has just two cubes of foam.  I remove them, secure my brain and reinstall the foam cubes for rattle prevention.  Six wires to the column, or key cylinder, one to the obdII port and and an antenna.  The rest of the connections can be made at the fuse panel, which is to the right.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic