icon

major amp help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blu92 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

In my 1992 integra i have a lanzar viberant 255 and two audiobahn 10's, all of the sudden the amp won't power up and the protection LED is on.  An electrician checked it out and said that 12 volts were coming from the battery but when he tested the amp he only got 7.5 volts.  I figured it was just the amp, but after the electrician left i tried out my brothers lanzar vibe 235 amp and couldnt get that to work either. Please someone help me, i am open to any suggestions.

QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
HMMMMM
Try the amp with no speakers connected.
Check the power wire.
See what happens!
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Check the remote line as well. Make sure it's getting proper voltage.
What size power cable and ground are you using? How far away from the amp is the ground, and what is it grounded to?
You should be using the same gauge power and ground, and the ground should be no more than 3' away from the amp (but the closer the better!)
Check your power cable, make sure it's not grounding out somewhere. If you have the extra wire, run a seperate power wire outside the car going from the battery to the amp (disconnect the existing wire first!) and see if you get the same voltage drop. If you do, then you have a problem somewhere else. But if you run that other wire and the power stays constant at 12v, then the problem is probably in your existing power wire. Double check it for nicks, burns, etc.
Did you fuse you power wire (I hope you did, catching a car on fire sucks!) Check your voltage at the inline fuse/circuit breaker as well (you said the Tech tested at the battery and amp, but not at the fuse). I've seen voltage drops there before from a faulty fuse/breaker.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic