the12volt.com spacer
icon

2300a remote start key fo problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Carvox 2300 alarm/remote start on my 2001 Ford F250 SD diesel, i have double and triple checked all my wires and every thing looks right. The problem I am having is both my remotes (key fob's) don't do anything. It will not lock, arm, unlock disarm remote start or anything. To me it seems like the remotes are not programed to the brain unit. I have followed the terrible instructions that can with the system to try and program the remotes with no avail. Any one know how to program these remote's or have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

found out this morning that the wife put the batteries in the remotes when we got it to play with them before I installed the system. I'm thinking the remotes tryed to program to something at that time but did't have a brain to talk to. I have tried to remove the batteries for the 10 secods like the book says and program again with not differance. Any ideas?

Thanks for any thought's.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried contacting the retailer that sold you the unit? I did a Google search on it and came up with "China electronics Shenzen Company', with some pretty poorly translated text on their website. The manual is also poorly translated. I would call the person who sold it to you and hopefully they have some experience with that system and can offer some advice. And also hopefully they will stand behind the unit...because from my experience with that type of system it's not likely that they will. Which is also the reason I no longer install those systems when they are brought to me.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your reply.
It is an ebay unit and i had sent the seller an e-mail. I didn't hear from him. I figured it out though. turns out the plug came out of the antenna module just enough that it wasn't receiving the signals from the remotes. Plug it in all the way and every thing works 100%.
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2011 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
I installed one of these units today and the product was a joke in order to get it to remote start and not hang on or over crank the starter i had to wrap a wire around a spark plug wire. This is really what the instructions said. Also the siren output did not work either. This is really a poor product. Looks like a fake Compustar 900 remote too. JUNK
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic