icon

prestige aps 620n to 556l

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shawnchristy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

First off, thank you very much for your time to answer my question. I have scoured this site (great site by the way!) and I can't find the info I'm looking for.

Here are the specifics of my project:

2000 Chevy Astro cargo van

(Audiovox) Prestige APS-620N remote start/keyless entry, with a Directed 556L bypass module.

I have been very specific with the instructions on both units, and the remote start will not work. Here is what I have done:

All wires from the remote start have been installed per the instructions it came with. I did do some research on this site, and found there is a tach wire located on the computer located next to the battery. I tried this, and the unit would just flash 7 times indicating "no tach rate", so I routed it straight to the coil. (white wire on the coil plug) Now, the tach part works. I'm only stating this part in case it may be part of the problem. I had a friend say "It had to be the tach wire", but I personally don't think it is.

Here is where my problem lays. When I push the button for remote start, the fuel pump primes, dash lishts come on, the van fires up.....then dies. It tries to re-start with the same failure. I CAN start the van perfectly with my key.

The only things that are a little strange (outside of it not starting) is all guages work for the exception of the fuel guage. (I can live with that)

I *think* I have the bypass module hooked up correctly. Please clarify...

Passlock II instructions:

Black - ORANGE / black passlock ground from the key cylinder

Pink - Pink wire grouped in with the heavy ignition wires

Blue - light green wire in steering column (thank you to the12volt.com for that info!)

Red - 12v constant

Now for the other wires on the 556L:

I cut the yellow wire from the passlock on the van...

Yellow - goes to the key

BLACK / YELLOW - goes to the other side of the cut going to the BCM

The tach rate on the remote start is learned. No problem there. The lights on the bypass state that it is programmed.

If I went through the diagnostics correctly, (and that is a huge IF!!) it gave me 5 flashes which is " RF shutdown signal received, or manual start trigger wire reactivated. Don't put too much credit into that though. I don't know if I did that right... :) 

So why does it die when I remote start it? When it starts, it runs for 1 second, then falls on its face and dies.

Thank you very much for your time to reply, and your help. It's greatly appreciated! This is one AWESOME site!

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
The blue wire on the 556L doesn't go to the green(-) wire in the column. It needs to be connected to the GWR from the remote start. Its usually a lt. blue on prestige units and they call it (-) 3rd ignition output. The green wire in the ignition harness is the keysense which isnt needed on this vehicle.
shawnchristy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

Blanx218 ~ Thank you a million times over!! You hit the nail on the head my friend! You had it exactly correct, and your quick reply was greatly appreciated. I hooked the blue wire out of my Prestige unit, into the light blue wire out of my 556L and pushed my remote start button, and VIOLA! It started first try.

This site is a gold mine. I love it! Hats off to the person or people that designed it, and keep it running, along with the knowledgable members.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic