icon

Pyle Quoobz 4 or 8 ohm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
OhmegaMike 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2003 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

I've been all over the web, thought somebody here might know?

Are the drivers in the Pyle Quoobz PLQB10 4 or 8 ohm? One other thing, these are bandpass enclosures. Has anybody ever fed a full range signal to one of these subs? And if so, is the hi-freq roll-off good enought to not need a crossover? A real bandpass box should naturally roll-off the highs if designed properly...

Now, I know these things are cheap junk. I actually want to use them under my deck, outdoors, to help my little Polk Audio outdoor speakers with the bottom end. I plan to rip the carpet off em' waterproof, rodent proof the ports, and screw em to the underside of my deck joists... I'm looking for quick and easy here...

Thanks,

Mike

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2003 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
They are most likely 4 ohm but if you contact Pyle they should be able to tell you. As far as giving them a full range signal you will most likely need an x over or it will sound like boomy crap.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
hook a multimeter up to the leads and you will know what impedance you are running at...
and I second bbermans nomination for a crossover...a full range signal may even damage the speakers...
JellyNutz 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
I agree also.. a DMM will tell you the impdence of the sub and also the roll off on these are extremely nasty given the enclosure...
Jesse
Joseph's Car Everything
OhmegaMike 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies, however, I don't have one of these drivers to do an ohms check. I've emailed and called pyle, and got no response. And I can't find a dealer anywhere in my area to even look at these things. I'm probably better off just building my own enclosures. I was just looking for cheap, quick and easy!
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2003 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

Well I guess you get what you pay for

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic