icon

2008 dodge ram hemi

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marc 32 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
well hi guy's name is marc as you can see i am working on my brother in law 2008 dodge ram using python 991 and xpress kit chall I have the chth2 cable and wire in the relay for the ground for remote start i read there is a 1000k ohm resistor and i have relay the park light ground with a 1.1 resistor and i put a relay in the accessory my question what about the ground out put for the accessory wire do i need a resistor for that accessory my understanding it is the same wire on the truck the starter/accessory. Oh if i using the wrong resistor's please let me know . Thank again
             marc 32   
Mr Rios
opelap 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
With the CHALL no resistors are needed except for the 1100 ohm for the parking lights. All other resistors are internal to the CHALL. Only one relay should be needed as well. Just wire it up according to the directions and everything should be fine.
You can use a relay for the parking lights, but wiring the resistor inline works as well.
marc 32 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
well thanks alot opelap that help alot i was just used most auto have pos triggers this would be my first dodge
          again thaks
Mr Rios
marc 32 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Heeelp well this weeked i tryed to install my brother in law car alarm/remote start the alarm remote start is python 991 with chall xpresskit with chth2 cable and wired it to paper specks   
1.on the chall manual states a E-brake out put there is no E brake input on the alarm system no big deal
2. I hook up the green output wire from the chall interface to the input trigger on the alarm (easy)
3. The output from the chall interface for the hood switch well there was no factory hood switch so wire up one from the car alarm kit and wired to the alarm it self.
4.on the chall manual states Lt.blue/black input is starter input witch is the violet heavy gauge wire from the remote start.
5.Next is the yellow ING 1 input wire on the chall interface I wired it to the pink heavy gauge remote start which is ING 1 piece of cake.
6.The next two wire are easy output orange wire if for the brake out put which goes to the brown wire input on the alarm.
7.The pink tach out put goes to the violet/white wire on the alarm.
8.The Trunk status there no truck on a pickup (but i use a tilt switch for the for the trunk trigger)
Then comes the easy part push the program button on the xpress interface while inserting the chth2 cable (cool ) the let the button switch go turn the key start's flashing (cool) start the truck blinks twice as fast(cool) (not cool) my interface didn't do that part then turn the truck off and push the lock button on the factory remote and done. well it didn't worked the locks work,light flash,horn honk,unlock work's but not the remote start did not work i hope someone has a answer( oh as far as the input power on the remote harness the Red heavy gauge wire is powered up and the pink/white heavy gauge is power up also . also did some digging there are 2 kinds of the python 991 alarm/remote start there was a first batch, and the some plugs are not the same and the new batch    i heard the first batch has bugs in it i think i got one of the first batch does any body know
Mr Rios

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic