icon

best 6x9's for jeep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
birdinstalls 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Front door speaker's just being powered by 4x50 deck.(may upgrade)
Price range up to 100.
Should I go pioneer, infinity, boss, others?
Thanks for your opinions?
KyferEz 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. are good, Infinity has usually been better. I'd stay away from boss. The deck's power is quoted as 50 peak. Peak is a useless number. RMS is likely only 20W, which is the important number, and is pretty low. Get a good 50W RMS x 2ch or 4ch amp and a good set of name brand components and you will be happier than if you use just use a deck and a cheap set like boss.
sthrnbmpn 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
pioneers sound alot better than stock, it like nite an day
im sure kenwoods do to but i never tried them
so a pioneer deck with a matchin set of 6x9's sounds like a gd combo
1000 watts of lp, now need sum hp an mids
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2011 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
infinity speakers are usually a little mpore efficient and ALOT better sounding than any others when comparing 6x9 speakers.
it you are using a pioneer mosfet50 radio i can tell you that pairing with infinitys will be a great choice.
did a friends jeep a couple years back and what i did was use a pioneer 6700 and infinity 6.5 speakers in the doors. then bridged the rear channels (the pioneer lets you do that) for a pair of bass shakers mounted to the front seats. worked excellent and had no extra amplification.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
KyferEz 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2011 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Sure, it will sound good with the head unit to a set of pioneers or infinities, but it will sound Better if you use a separate amp like I suggested. It only costs a little more but it is worth it.
sthrnbmpn 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
all these opts that were given are great choices,
ur probly have to narrow it down to the longest warranties or whatever kinda buying incentives the retailer offers,
a stock head unit with a 2 or 4 channel amp always brings sum speakers to life, next youll be askin for advice on a sub an amp
1000 watts of lp, now need sum hp an mids
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  

if the stock radio dont have a USB ditch it. there aint alot of room in a jeep and they are easy to break into and get away with stuff before the alarm will draw much attention..

unless you are willing to make a much larger investment and make the jeep less comfortable for riders, amps and subs are hard to protect/keep out of the rain when you get caught in that occasional downpour with the top left at home. putting a sub in will just advertise the install from blocks away. thats why i like the shakers in a jeep, the bass feels great and it dont turn heads.

one of the newer pioneers (5000 and up series i think) will do all of what i was talking about plus give you a USB input to play flash drive or  control an ipod if you use one, they dont just provide an input, thier remote can control it.

if you want to go a step further, drag along your portable hard drive (up to 250GB), or a modded solidstate drive for rough terrain and you can listen to wav files too! .. oh yea, some of the higher models have bluetooth built in also to help you keep both hands on the wheel when all the wheels might not be on the ground.

when comparing the system needs of a jeep (that goes off road at times) to a regular car system the phrase "its a jeep thing" really comes into play.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
douglas79 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Defintely don't go with Boss.  Honestly I wouldn't recommend any of the speaker brands you posted.  I have had nothing but great experiences with CDT audio from everything to coaxials to components...but a pair of 6x9's will run you about $149 a pair on woofersetc.com (worth it in my opinion).  For a less-expensive 6x9 I'd probably go with alpine.  If sound-quality isn't a huge deal and you are looking for LOUD speakers (which you may need since you're in a jeep) I would probably go with Kicker...not the best sounding speakers but they are impressively loud even without an amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic