icon

4 channel amp wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tnysville256 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all. im new here. I have a Kenwood KAC X40 amp. its 4channel brigdeable. i have an Alpine headunit and 2 alpine fullrange 6.5s in front and 6x9 (or6x8 not exactly sure but it doesnt matter).
What i wanted to do is wire the two 6x9's and a set of tweeters(infinity with crossover out of my other car) to the A Output of my amp. And hook up a sub to the b(rear) output of the amp. the fronts will still just run off of the head unit. the specs for the amp are 70wx4 at 4ohms, 100w x 4 at 2ohm, 200w at 4 ohms bridged, i wanted to use kicker comps. which are 8ohm. but if i wired them parallel, then the one channel wouldnt have enough power to run 2 subs. Im guessing. any suggestions? and will this even be possible?
tnysville256 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
i dont see an edit post button. but i only wanted to use One kicker comp. but would that be possible and still sound ok at 8 ohm. or would it be better to buy a 4ohm sub, or 2 8ohm subs. the kicker comps would be barely over 120 for 2 lol.
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

Yes!

everything sounds like it will work fine as you have it figured.  You could always add another sub later if you want, that would give you a little more bass.

bezonme138 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
i need to know how to wire up a soundstream 500.4 t0 my dash speakers5 1/2, my door speakers 6x8, and my rear panel 6x9 please somebody help!!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
How much of it do you have done?
bezonme138 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
all i have done is the speakers out the box ha! Its the channel  rca out puts and inputs is what has me confused. My radio has 4 rca plug ins so i was thinkin that one set goes to my amp for subs and one set for my other amp but it seems like im gonna need more rca wires to make it all work. So how many sets of rca wires do i need and which speaker wires do i put together to hook up to the amp cuz there is only  4 pos. and 4 neg. posts. If somebody wants to help i could text you a pic of the entire amp.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a 2Channel / 4Channel switch on the amplifier? Does it say BTL on side of either the left or right RCA connectors of the amp?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic