icon

nitro bmwx 433 alarm/starter on 99 legacy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shawnwiosna 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Most of the install is complete. My First Alarm Install. I cant get the start function as well as the door unlock/lock to work. nitro bmwx 433 alarm/starter on 99 legacy -- posted image.
SimmpleeDaBesst
shawnwiosna 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2011 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

Do I need to connect ALL the wires? And for a 99 subaru legacy L Wagon, how do i connect the door locks so they work. Also I dont know if I'm even getting a tach signal. It wants to start . It turns the on the acc, but doesnt crank over. I have the cars wiring diagram as well as the one i just posted for the alarm. I am very stuck at this point. Any help will be graciously apprecitaed. Shawn

SimmpleeDaBesst
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
No you dont have to hook up "all" the wires. Only the ones that apply to what your doing. The locks on that car should be negitive trigger. it looks like the alarm you have has internal realys so just look at the diagram in your book for negitive triggers. Lots of the other options depend on what you want the alarm to do and if its an automatic or stick. If you dont have a factory alarm you dont have to use the arm and disarm wires, if you do there in the drivers kick. Take a test light and see if the alarm is actrually sending power to the starter wire to start the car. Im pretty sure that car doesnt have any anti theft so it shoud be an easy start. double check your starter wire. The tach wire is a debatable connection, i personaly will not put an alarm on with out hooking it up. Some people are fine using the voltage sinceing option of the alarm (see your manuel there should be an option to change it back and forth in the programming) The best tach wire on that car is on the coil, blue I think, I would put a meter on it to make sure.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar with the Nitro BMWX unit but it looks like you have built it relays for the door locks.  Follow their

wiring guide for Type B (-) door locks.  The Legacys lock wires are found in the module to the left of the steering
wheel. White is Unlock and WHITE/ Red is Lock.  Here is a picture :

nitro bmwx 433 alarm/starter on 99 legacy -- posted image.

For the ignition wires, here is a picture of the connector with the wires marked :

For the Tach wire, I usually get it at the coil pack although you can get it from the ECM behind the glove box.  Here

is a picture of the Tach wire at the coil pack  :

There might be some sort of Tach Learn process you must do prior to a sucessful remote start.  Check the install guide

for the Nitro unit.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 5:40 AM / IP Logged  

Also, not to disparage your Nitro unit as I have never had the pleasure of installing one, as a general rule of thumb, any unit that uses the Oil Pressure Switch as an engine sensing input signal is of questionable design and quality.  nitro bmwx 433 alarm/starter on 99 legacy -- posted image.  

For the best results, use a Digital Multi Meter to locate / test all the vehicles wires and properly solder all your connections.  nitro bmwx 433 alarm/starter on 99 legacy -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
shawnwiosna 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for your advice. I will work on it some more today and get back to let you know how it went. AGain THanks
SimmpleeDaBesst
shawnwiosna 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
One more question. Pin 4 : BLUE/WHITE Wire on the 7-pin  connector secondary harness for the remote start. (-)200ma bypass output when remote start. Connect this wire to the interface of remote start bypass module. Do i need to hook this wire to something or not? I dont know where the interface is
SimmpleeDaBesst
shawnwiosna 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
And then Neutral safety switch input wire. Can i just connect this to ground seeing as how i dont know where the switch is or the wire thats connected to it
SimmpleeDaBesst
kreg357 
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Your car does not have an engine immobilizer system and does not use this output wire.  Newer Subaru's have a transponder chip in the ignition key that would require a bypass module.  That Blue/White wire from the remote starter would be used to control the bypass module on those newer cars.
Soldering is fun!
shawnwiosna 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
Wonderful Thanks. Another one to cross off the list. Beutiful. Getting on with it now . Talk to you guys in a bit.
SimmpleeDaBesst
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic