icon

2 rf 12 p3's vs 1 rf t1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustanglife 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2011 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all. Not new to the forum but I don't post on here much. But need an opinion. I like change and get bored easy. So heres the question.
My current setup...
Two Rockford Fosgate 12 inch p3's (Dual 2 ohm, wired 2 ohms) in ported enclosure and a Rockford Fosgate R1000-1D. Its rated at 1029 watts. Each sub has 500 watts RMS into each and the system sounds great. Crisp clear and actually sounds like I can throw more into the subs.
Now my proposed idea was to sell the two fosgate p3 12's and get 1 Fosgate T1 Dual 4-ohm and wire it into 2 ohms to the 1000x1 the amp can do at 2 ohms.
I'm asking about sound. With the 2 setups compared to each other. Would it sound better, louder, fuller. Would I be pleased or would I wish I still had the 2 P3's still. The current model T1 says can handle 800 watts rms. But my P3's seem like they can take a good amount more than the 500X2 fosgate amp I have at them.
Give me your opinions guys.
Thanks in advance
Josh
PS - Pioneer FH-P8000BT is my head unit
sthrnbmpn 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2011 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
i vote for 2 t1's d2, over p3's. cant really tell you if 1 would sound better but it is a way better quality sub than p3
1000 watts of lp, now need sum hp an mids

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic