icon

new head unit.no sound but all bass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zeepian 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
I just got this new radio...Alpine CDE-102. I hooked it up and it sounded sick for a couple of days. Now i got a 3 12's only pushing 500 watts...but i think i rattled something loose. Im getting all bass from the trunk but no sound from my car speakers. And now when after playing around with all the settings i still can't figure it out. When i put balance all the way to left I get no Bass....but when i do it to the right the bass still beats. Would a loose connection to one of my left speakers be it?
    Now i love bass...but man i need my music back. If ya got any ideas Id appreciate it.
    At first i thought it was my wiring harness because ive been threw alot of radios. So i bought a 10 buck universal one from Walmart(ew)....but im running outta ideas.
my buddy had a similar problem...and he split the power wire and ran it to the positive on his left speaker....should i try?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

zeepian wrote:
I just got this new radio...Alpine CDE-102. I hooked it up and it sounded sick for a couple of days. Now i got a 3 12's only pushing 500 watts...but i think i rattled something loose. Im getting all bass from the trunk but no sound from my car speakers. And now when after playing around with all the settings i still can't figure it out. When i put balance all the way to left I get no Bass....but when i do it to the right the bass still beats. Would a loose connection to one of my left speakers be it?
    Now i love bass...but man i need my music back. If ya got any ideas Id appreciate it.
    At first i thought it was my wiring harness because ive been threw alot of radios. So i bought a 10 buck universal one from Walmart(ew)....but im running outta ideas.
my buddy had a similar problem...and he split the power wire and ran it to the positive on his left speaker....should i try?

How is this system hooked up?  How are you sending a signal to your subwoofer amplifier?  How are the main speakers powered?  And NO you should NEVER connect a speaker terminal to 12V power!!!

Support the12volt.com
zeepian 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
i have a mono amp...the head unit has sub outputs and front. I have them in the sub output. Ive tried to switch it and all that. My main speakers are all stock and have always been ran by a head unit.
Im tryin to figure this out..Alpine has this weird Power IC feature...i think it means I HAVE to buy an external amp... Im gonna try and find a buddy who has a small one and i can test it.
let me know if ANYBODYs heard this Power IC thing
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
The Power IC is the internal amplifiers of the head unit.  If you want to run speakers off the head unit you MUST turn the Power IC on.
Support the12volt.com
zeepian 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ive tried and got nothing but bass from my system. Ive tried unplugging my system and still nothing. i dont getttttttt itttttttt....this is the most frustrating head unit ive ever delt with
DYohn 
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Go to page 15 of your owner's manual to learn how to enter the "Sound/Setup" menu.  Scroll to the POWER IC function and turn it ON.  See if that helps.
Support the12volt.com
zeepian 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
i still get nothing...like i hear my speakers kinda of click...like they want to....
DYohn 
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

zeepian wrote:
i still get nothing...like i hear my speakers kinda of click...like they want to....

It is possible you have a defective head unit.  Is it under warranty?

Support the12volt.com
zeepian 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
no warranty. got it off craigslist...but i got the original box and everything. I wondering if i should send it to get it repaired. But with the cost of that i could prolly just get a smalll amp for my interiors?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic