icon

clarion gps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheDouche 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
So I just purchased a clarion NX501 to install into my truck but looking through the manual it had no limits or anythin on the gps antenna. The last clarion gps unit I had had a minimum distance and the fact that it was interior only.
So I'm wondering where should I mount this one? I wouldn't mind putting it inside as I'm running out of places to run through the firewall. Plus that connector is huge!
Anybody know what or who I can call for help with this?
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
you can mount it inside the dash IF there is no metal above it, and it is close to the windsheild.  It must have some metal under it to work right. They usually come with a little metal sticker to stick the antenna on.  You can put it on top of your dash if you dont mind seeing it.
TheDouche 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Ah this one has a magnetic bottom to it. The last one I had had a sticker. So can I technically put it under the dash as long as it's not covered by metal? Plastic is ok?
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yes sir!,  Metal below, only plastic above.  You can stick it right to the top of the radio if there is no metal between the antenna and the windshield.
TheDouche 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet. What about if there is metal in front of it? Will it still be good? I'm gunna put it almost next to the firewall

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic