2011 hyundai santa fe v6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
krushmoto 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Older vehicles used separate wiring and a flexible printed circuit, the main gauges, speed and tach had three rear screw terminals, 12V+, ground and tach (or speed) signal. Trace that wire from the screw terminal back to the connector.
Test as follows:- DMM set to 20VAC. Black probe to ground, red to suspect lead, run engine, you should get a reading of 2-5 volts AC increasing very slightly as you rev up.
Unfortunately many modern instrument panels are a processor and only get CAN or multiplexed data which you won't be able to use.
Not sure about the key sense.
I checked @ hmaservice and you're right the dash gets CAN data so that won't work for me. I also checked the injector schematics and found the pulsed line for the injectors from the ECM. But the stupid question of the day is where is the ECM? Please tell me it's inside the passenger compartment.
But more importantly I know the tach signal used by the factory remote start why doesn't this work on the Prestige?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
The purple wire on the Prestige, try flashing it to ground, it was the only way I could get the damn thing into programming mode.
The engine ECU is at an educated guess going to be in either the centre console, behind the glovebox or behind a kick panel.
Is there a tach or engine speed on the ECU?
krushmoto 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
What is key sense and do I have to energize it in order for the RS to start the engine?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic