radio stopped working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2011 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

catken wrote:
Pulled the radio fuse on my 2009 Colorado and put a meter on it to see if current ran through it with ignition off. Meter showed nothing .Put the fuse back in and now the radio does not work. The fuse is good.

This doesnt make sense, you PULLED THE fuse, and checked to see if there was POWER going through the fuse with it out of the car?  Power is SUPPOSED to be present on the radio fuse whether the key is on or not. what ever you were doing BEFORE you pulled the fuse, and not telling us about, blew something out.  Checkk ALL of the fuses, dont forget the ones under the hood.

catken 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2011 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
I pulled the fuse to check if current was flowing through the circuit when the truck was off. I was planning to tap into the fuse to operate a couple of gauges but did not want the gauges to operate with the engine off.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2011 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
If the radio was working when you pulled the fuse, and you did nothing else, and then you put the fuse back in but the radio stopped working, you most likely blew the fuse.
Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Or you put the fuse in the wrong slot. There are empty slots in most fuseboxes. Look at the fusebox cover to see the location of the fuses. Make sure you did not put the fuse into an empty slot.
catken 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2011 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all of the replies. As much as I hate to say it, I replaced the fuse in the wrong slot.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
That's good news!
Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic