remote starter, 2011 ford fiesta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nelson54 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have a python 1401 remote starter I am trying to install in my 2011 Ford feista all I get is clicking sounds from the remote box when I hit the remote starter. I get no lights of any kind. I made sure its set for a manual transmission also. This also is not the first remote starter I've put in to a car. If anyone can offer some help I'd much appreciate it and would be glad to give you more information. I've searched the internet for a couple of days looking but not finding much.
Nelson
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Did you follow the shutdown sequence? Footbrake, hand brake, remote start, open and close door then lock which shuts down the vehicle and enables the remote start. Also which bypass are you using?
Advanced
nelson54 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2011 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
I did not do the shut down because I dont have the door trigger hooked up. I just have the python 1401 and what came in the box hooked up should of had some sort of bypass?
Nelson
nelson54 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2011 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Well I finally got this installed and it runs and starts great but now my little engine light with the wrench on it is on all the time, does anyone know if the tact wire i hooked up would cause that or not?
Thanks,
Nelson
Nelson
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2011 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Depends on where you connected the tach but it shouldn't. You either not connected something or made a wrong connection.
groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
I know some vehicles have the engine light come on when a wire isn't connected like Howie mentioned. I believe Chevy trucks have this problem if the 2nd ignition wire isn't connected. I believe there was issues with the transmission not shifting correctly either, but thats older Chevy trucks. Did you connect all your main constant/ignition/acc wires?
By the way, it was brought to my attention, on your abbreviation for circuit you use "CKT". There is not "K" in circuit. Should this possibly be CCT? - R. Robson
hahahahahahaha

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic