icon

5901/xk01 hood pin/doors open error

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
v7guy 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2011 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
It's in a 2004 Trailblazer A4 I6 and all I want to work is the remote start and the alarm/lock/unlock.
I bought this thing almost 2 years ago, but I've just got around to installing it. I wired it up W2W, everything is soldered and everything looks good as far as I can tell. I've read till I was blue in the face trying to figure this out.
Right now the doors lock and unlock, the alarm sounds if I open the door or hood. I can start the vehicle with the key. The wires appear to be correct, I've triple checked them. I've ran the procedure to enable the A4...
Open Door -> Turn Truck On, Then Off -> Hold Valet Button Till It Chirps 3 Times -> Press Button Once -> Press Button Again And Hold It -> When Siren Chirps, Hit Unlock (Siren Will Chirp 2x) -> Turn Truck On Then Off
After unlocking the vehicle via the remote I get a open hood led signal and an open door led signal... 3 and 6 flashes respectively and the 2 way remote also states door open/hood open after I unlock the vehicle, I get no notices when the vehicle is locked.
The doors are definitely closed and I've done everything from disconnecting the hood pin to weighting down the hood pin (I eventually adjusted it so high it broke when I closed the hood). With a multimeter the hood pin measures 11v when the hood is closed. I took this measurement at the pin, at the connector and at the 5901. It also measures 0 when open. having the hood pin connected or disconnected gives the same hood open message... and that makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm not sure how the reading can be backwards either (it should be grounded when closed if I understand correctly).
My grounds I put on a steel shield around the steering column after I drilled out an eyelet to fit the bolt. I also used a washer to ensure good contact.
I followed everything from here...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=65742
followed the instructions I got from a year and a half ago from here...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=70986
The bypass is an XK01 with AMDL with the default set to 1. I can't get the remote start to work either and have gotten a led blink pattern indicating no/low rpm... but it wouldn't work if it thinks the hood is open so I'm trying to focus on the hood pin input itself at the moment. After that I'll work on the tach learn procedure.
If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
If the viper sees the hood as open then it will not do anything when you remote start the truck.  Your parking lights will flash a pattern to indicate the hood is open.  If you try to remote start and the truck cycles the ignition, cranks and dies, or doesnt quite try to crank, then it's sounds like a tach situation.   You can get a tach signal at the gauge cluster, it's the only white wire there.  I always run a tach wire in those trucks to ensure reliability.  Don't forget to program it once it's connected. 
Advanced
v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
i understand this, but i can't get the hood pin switch to read closed under any situation and i have 11v running to it when disconnected or the hood is open instead of it being grounded.
under all circumstances... disconnected/connected/plunger on the hood switch depressed, i get an open hood error.
my tach wire was soldered in at the inst cluster and i haven't done the tach learn procedure yet because I can't get it to show the hood is closed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
Disconnect, i.e. CUT the hood pin near the 5901, let's see if it's an external cause such as bad pin, bad positioning or the hood pin wire shorting somewhere.
If you still get the error code, faulty 5901.
N.B. As an installer of what seems 1000 years standing, I STILL check the hood pin DURING the install.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Another thought, I'm assuming the hood pin is grey and the trunk pin wire blue, they aren't connected to each other or external sensors are they?
v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
well I cut the hood pin wire and now I'm getting no door open warning and no hood open warning. the doors opening still set off the alarm.
the blue wire from the 5901 I have going to the XK01 blue wire Door lock harness 1 (unlocks with ground)
v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
correction, it still shows door unlocked, it just takes about 90 seconds to report it
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
OK faulty hood pin switch or pin switch position or bad wiring leading to a short.
Is there a sleeper circuit on this vehicle? See DEI 1076 on this site.
By blue I meant the blue trunk trigger not the blue door unlock or the blue status output.
v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
I think I missed the blue H1/7 wire, it's disconnected. As i understand it guys usually hook it to the dome light at the BCM for the trailblazer, probably why I'm getting door open. Does this sound right?
I moved the hood pin and it seems to be happy now.
Remote start still isn't working, I'm getting 8 clicks for the NSS. Currently it's grounded with the other grounds.
I appreciate the help, this is my first install and I really didn't anticipate it being this involved.
v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
forgot to add there is no sleeper circut that i'm aware of
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic