power window kit/oem switch integration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
laserbeak43 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
My '06 Pontiac Vibe has the manual window system. I bought a power window kit and all of the OEM Power Window/Lock Switches. I want to try to integrate the OEM Switches into the Power Window System.
I went to http://www.gmpartseast.com looked at the wiring diagrams and made the flawed determination that part# 88974004 and part# 88974012 was what i needed to do the job. (If you're wondering, i just need the connectors from the harness, in order to make it easy to connect the wires.)
Anyone think that they can help me figure this out? I'll invclude the pics as well.
Thanks
power window kit/oem switch integration -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
You have to test the switches. 1 12v+ in, one or two grounds and motor up and down. If the OEM power window version has one shot, forget it, you have to wire in the factory BCU.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
pontiac vibe and toyota matrix are the same basic vehicle. maybe hit up toyota forums? then there's always the salvage yard.
just a thought.
laserbeak43 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
You have to test the switches. 1 12v+ in, one or two grounds and motor up and down. If the OEM power window version has one shot, forget it, you have to wire in the factory BCU.
One Shot?
and yes i have to test the switches, the reason i want the connectors to the OEM switches to is to provide myself leads to do so.
laserbeak43 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ween wrote:
hi,
pontiac vibe and toyota matrix are the same basic vehicle. maybe hit up toyota forums? then there's always the salvage yard.
just a thought.
m
hey, i'll try the toyota forums, good idea, but the salvage yard is another thing. I can't find any newer cars at any local yards here. There are some part sellers on ebay, but it's hard getting them to reply to a question that isnt in regard to something that they have posted for sale.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I meant use a DMM to test the switches.
laserbeak43 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2011 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
yes i understand, i don't have a test lead that will fit without it being tedious though. and if i could get a set of wires down there long enough to test them i wouldn't even worry about getting the connectors. :)
thanks for the suggestion though. Actually, if you know a way to get down there and test them that'd be great! im tempted to saw around the connectors and solder wires to the prongs, but i can see that going so wrong...
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
There are a couple junk yards that have online support, google around i am sure you can find something. Also, most vehicles now have short door harnesses, so ordering a complete in door harness may be of some help. Though will likely be dealer only and expensive. Good luck with the hunt!
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
laserbeak43 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2011 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply james :)
I did try the GM Parts site, but i've gotten the wrong thing from them.
and it's 100 bucks worth of the wrong thing!
i'll look around for online junkyards, that's a cool idea, most i know don't bother cause things move in and out so fast, or at least that's how they explain it
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2011 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
There's a guy on Ebay right now selling the entire drivers door harness for Matrix for 25 bucks. See  if he can send a better picture of the plugs....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic