icon

99 audi a4 alarm siren replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mad cow 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
My car's stock alarm has a tiny, quiet horn that's used as the siren. It's so quiet I can barely hear it chirp when I lock the car, which is annoying because I have to double check if it's locked or not quite often. I'm thinking of replacing it with a cheap piezo siren but there's one problem: since it's a horn the alarm module sends 12v pulses to it instead of a steady 12v, so a siren would sound stupid just beeping quickly. Is there any way to convert the 12v pulse into a steady 12v? Or alternatively, are there any better options than a piezo siren?
groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

Use the momentary to constant output relay setup. Link is below. You'll may need to change the polarity from negative to positive depending on your pulsed siren output. The diagram shows a negative output ( - pulse ) to pin 86 of first relay. If you have a positive (+ pulse ), you need to change the polarity of all the 12V and ground connections in the relay diagram.

https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#mtc

By the way, it was brought to my attention, on your abbreviation for circuit you use "CKT". There is not "K" in circuit. Should this possibly be CCT? - R. Robson
hahahahahahaha
mad cow 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Wow I can't believe I never found that, this site has everything. Wouldn't pulsed to steady make more sense though?
groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

mad cow wrote:
Wow I can't believe I never found that, this site has everything. Wouldn't pulsed to steady make more sense though?

Yes! Very correct.

By the way, it was brought to my attention, on your abbreviation for circuit you use "CKT". There is not "K" in circuit. Should this possibly be CCT? - R. Robson
hahahahahahaha

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic