icon

viper remote start 5101 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattintc 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
I have a viper 5101 and it has one big issue. The lock and unlock side of it works flawlessly along with its other features in the security area. the problem im having is the fact it wont function for jack in keeping the car running in pit stop mode or wont even start the car up at all if i press the remote start button on the remote. All it does is click a bunch of times flashing the parking lights nothing else no click from inside or nothing. any help would be beyond appreciated at this point. i also have the newer 5101 with the 18 pin harness on it. i also have put it into automatic mode for my car. i have tried the shutdown diagnostic procedure too and it dose no blinking or nothing.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Might help if you posted the vehicle  year, make & model.  Sounds like an ignition wiring problem, so listing your H3 connections is a good idea also.

Try to count the blinks when you initiate a remote start.  Eight blinks is Neutral Safety issue and seven blinks means you are still in Manual Trans Mode.

Soldering is fun!
mattintc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
wth?! i thought i figured out my neutral saftey switch problem!!
mattintc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
ALSO i followed a different wiring diagram to see if that corrected my problem because the other remote starter functioned perfectly on the wires i had put it on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic