icon

1995 chevy tahoe , viper 5101

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vader205 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I need help, I have started install of  my viper 5101 RS KE and I have a few wires in question

I need help since my truck is apart for the evening and I have a limited window tomorrow to get finished...

Ok on the primary harness H1/4 has a white and brown (light flash Isolationwire <pin 87 of onboard relay>  and on H1/11 parking light output is white...  Which one of these do I use? I have hooked up the white wire to my parking light control.. Do I need the other one? Both?

H1/10 has a white and blue it states its for the remote start/ turbo timer... Where does this one go?

H1/12 is orange (grownd when armed output) and supplies -500mA ground when system is lock and remote start activated... I was planning on not using this wire... Is that right?

Have a couple of auxillary harness... I dont have any plans for any extras to be used on remote start... I was planning on not using these..

Oh and I cant seem to find my horn output...

Please help asap I have my dash hanging and I have to go to work tomorrow evening

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

Use only the H1/11 White and connect to :

PARKING LIGHTS ( + )   BROWN (+)    @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH or LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
Make sure the Vipers' jumper/fuse is set to the (+) position.

H1/10 not used for your application.

H1/12 not used for your application.

Horn should be : HORN   BLACK (-)    @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS   Test for this wire as

follows :  Set DMM to 20V DC, Red lead to +12V constant, Black lead to suspect wire.
Press horn button, DMM should go to +12V.

Soldering is fun!
vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks so much Kreg357 you have been a real big help..

I moved the fuse to the positve side under  the access door... I am guessing the other pins are for resistors? Which I dont need right?

Thinking about hooking a relay to a old alarm siren I have and using it... I would just have to use reverse polarity like I did on my hatch/trunk release...right?   Thanks for that info....!

Do you think an old alarm siren would work and sound like lock and unlocking with an alarm on?... just dont want any long or crazy sounds... Shouldnt it sound like an alarm if I did it that way?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Correct, your Tahoe requires a straight (+) 12V output for the Parking Lights.

If I understand correctly, you want to connect the Vipers Horn Output to a relay to control a siren?

Never tried it, but it should work.  Check Menu 1, Item 3 for horn honk duration.  Relay wiring :

Relay Pin 85 to Viper H1/3

Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V constant fused at 5 Amps

Relay Pin 30 to Siren +

Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate

Soldering is fun!
vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

this is only if I cant find the horn

The time says 20ms... I guess that would be short enough?

I am only concerned because I did an install on my Jeep with aftermarket actuators and it did not have a horn or any thing as a audible output...

I wired a piezo speaker up to it and it worked but did not chirp like I wanted it to... more like a 5 tone whistle.. did not sound like a car alarm...

I would prefer horn.. Just want a option just in case...  I am not trying to make it sound like a car alarm because I would have bought an alarm if I wanted one... But if I had to hook it up ....I'd want it to sound that way...

Just trying to clear things up so people won't think I am a idiot and should have bought a car alarm if I wanted to soun that way 1995 chevy tahoe , viper 5101 -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic