the12volt.com spacer
icon

1995 chevy tahoe remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vader205 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vader205

I just recieved my GM-1 T-Harness

It came with no instructions ass far as color codes..

Can anyone tell me what wire is what?

And how do I tell which goes to what pin on a viper 5101 remote starter? The pins are not labeled on the Viper unit....

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

GM1 T-Harness is a Bulldog Security item?  If so, it was made specifically for easy connection to their R/S control unit.  You will have to cut the terminal ends off their wires and solder onto the correct Viper wires from H3 connector

Can't find anything on their site but typically :

Red                     =  +12V
Yellow/Black      =  Starter
WHITE/ Black       =  Accesory
White                  =  Ignition1
WHITE/ Red          =  Ignition2

Soldering is fun!
vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vader205

Cool thanks,

on the viper 5101 the h3/8 wire (pink and black) says goes to 87a side of relay (if required) of flex relay... I dont need this wire correct?

And H3/8 fused 30A accessory/starter input I can just tie in with the other +12 volt wires correct?

vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vader205

So I guess it comes down to if I need the relay or not...

I am confused at this point...

H3/6 pink and white to output 30 on flex relay and H3/7 to 87a of flex relay..

But what wire do I break and connect these wires?

Help....gotta get this done quickly

vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vader205

Ok fog is clearing.....a little

But the main question is .....Do I need to hook up to the relay?

vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vader205

nope still confused...

I wish I could edit

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Viper                                                                                        GM-1 T-Harness          Tahoe Ign Hraness

H3/1  PINK  IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT                                       White                          Pink
H3/2  RED / WHITE  (+) FUSED (30A) Flex Relay                            Red                            Red
H3/3  ORANGE  ACCESSORY OUTPUT                                       WHITE/ Black                Orange
H3/4  VIOLET  STARTER OUTPUT                                                Yellow/Black              Yellow ( or Purple)
H3/5  RED  (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT                             Red                           Red
H3/6  PINK/WHITE  IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                WHITE/ Red                  White ( or Pink/White )
H3/7  PINK/BLACK  FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A  of FLEX RELAY       Not Used
H3/8  RED / BLACK  (+) FUSED (30A) ACC/STARTER INPUT           Red                            Red

Verify with DMM......     No extra relays.  No external relays.

Soldering is fun!
vader205 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2011 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vader205
Thanks Kreg357
Install went great...
ramholbrook 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ramholbrook
Kreg357 can you help me with a similar issue. I have a viper 5305. Which wires are not used in the 10 pin heavy gauge? I currently stuck with the install. I have the h3/10 pink going to ign1 h3/4 going to the second ign. The accessory and starter wires are hooked up. Properly and the h3/2 is going to 12v. ehere does the h3/9 and h3/5 go?
kreg357 
Posted: May 16, 2016 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
All the Red and RED / xxx with the 30 Amp fuses go to +12V constant.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic