icon

viper 5901 window module issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tegguy 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 5901 installed in my 1992 Acura Integra. It is paired with a sun roof and window module on two different channels. My problem is when I open my trunk it rolls up the windows and closes the sunroof. But they work from the remote also and go up when the alarm is armed. Also when I have the trunk open it's reporting as "trunk" on the remote so I believe thats hooked up correctly. When I cut the Instant trigger wire it also tries to close the windows and sunroof. I have no idea where to start looking.
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
anyone have any ideas?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
Bad ground somewhere, where are the modules grounded?
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
It's been a while since I installed it so I don't remember exactly where they are grounded but I think they are both grounded to their respective circuit ie window module grounded in the window harness
I'm lost cause everything works as it is supposed to except for for I open the trunk these close. I also have an issue with my glass break sensor not working but I don't think it's related.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Either use the black(?) ground from the electric window switches or run the ground back into the car. Grounding to a bolt in the door is always going to be a no-no because of dodgy grounds.
Why do you think ALL car manufacturers run the grounds for door mounted components back into the car's body?
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry that's what I meant by "grounded to their circuit" they are grounded to the grounds from the switch
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
OK, then sorry I can't think of anything else!
Apart from check all your grounds, also check the voltage between the red wires and RED / white etc. to ground with a meter.
Something at the back of my head is telling me this problem has come up before and I don't know the fix. You could look at the archive posts (yawnviper 5901 window module issues - Last Post -- posted image. ) on this car and see.
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks for the help. I guess I have some troubleshooting to do but I don't know where to start. I guess I'll unplug my tilt sensor and glass break and see if the problem is still there or not and keep troubleshooting from there
This is going to take a while :(
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
OK did some checking found it was my tilt sensor causing the problem. I put a diode on the orange wire with the stripe side facing the alarm and it seems to have fixed the problem.
Now my glass break sensor is giving me issues when I put the diode with the stripe facing the sensor all I get is a solid red light on the box (with the alarm armed and unarmed) if I reverse the diode the stripe is to the alarm side the light activates only with the glass is tapped but does not trigger the alarm (i'm suspecting since the diode is blocking it) what am I doing wrong? Do I need to put a diode in the tilt sensor circuit also on the instant trigger?
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
are both the tilt and glass break sensor blue wires tied into the blue wire of the alarm brain? Is the blue wire of the brain connected to the trunk trigger -wire also? If I recall the window/sunroof modules require negative output during activation..that being the blue wire. usually a relay is needed to bypass sensors when being used. If your main harness blue wire is connected to the trunk trigger or aux function, may need a diode on that end to isolate the negative output. I am just guessing. let me know..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic