icon

python 5303p and smartstart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Its right on the first page of the manual YOU link to. Left side, on the bottom of the gray box. AND I QUOTE:
The white connector cannot be connected
to Xpresskit module except in standalone
Datastart applications as shown below.
For all ESP systems, connect Xpresskit
module to the Directed system, not to the
SmartStart Y-adapter
According to xpresskit.com, The DB-ALL can be reprogrammed to work on your 08 Chevy Impala with the smartstart directly plugged into it, if it has a factory remote start. You would deep six the 5303P and connect the smartstart directly to the DB-ALL. When the start function is activated through your smartstart app. The smartstart will send a digital signal to the DB-all, then the DB-all will tell the factory remote start to start the car. If you have the factory remote start you will still have all the limitations of it when using the DB-All.(10minute runtime,Only 2 starts, etc)
But the above is a mood point if you don't have factory remote start. Plus the 5303P is an alarm system with 2-way keyfobs, all of which you would loose.
TheevesLLC 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

i suppose i misunderstood that, i did read that...  i haven't done installs professionally since about 2000, and i've missed the boat when it comes to databus systems.

here's what happened...  i purchased the 5303p with the smart start as a bundle.  it was under $200 for the pair, w/o antenna or keyfobs.  then i discovered the dball and it's massive simplification, so i added that to the program, not understanding the limitations and restrictions of combining these devices.  it seems though, that i will in fact gank the 5303 and plug the dsm200 directly to the dball, as it does have factory alarm with remote start.

i see how i've been retarded, thanks for straightening me out. 

you say "reprogrammed" to work with the smartstart directly. is that something i'll have to do with the xpresskit loader again?  out of the box it had chrysler firmware, which i flashed to the GM.

MUCH thanks again...

flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, You will have to reflash it again. When you first goto xpresskit.com, you will see the advertisement for RSR and RXT. Your Impala will use RXT. I have never used this firmware, so I most likely will not be able to help with it... Maybe somebody else might be able to help if you run into problems.
You know, you still have the option of leaving the DB-all flashed the way it is. Then remove the 5303P and the db-All and hardwire them together freeing up the Data Port for the smartstart....Then you will get all the benefits of the 5303P.(extended run times, unlimited starts, pit stop mode)
TheevesLLC 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

i will attempt the reflash.  the added features don't really amount to anything, as the pomp and fanfare (according to the end user) is doing it on his iphone...  doing all the wiring originally was my plan, however it just doesn't look fun... 4 individual door triggers to isolate, 556u transponder bypass, starterless remote start.  it's possible, but i'll just pursue this mode. 

i'm getting back into the car on friday, wish me luck!

thx

flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
You can still use the DB-All with the 5303P, for the door triggers and transponder bypass. You follow the directions on page 4 of 9 of the db-all install manual. All the dotted line wires in blue have to be connected between the db-all and 5303p. with the D2D cable you could've ignored those wires, but since you not be using the D2D cable they now have to be connected.
TheevesLLC 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i didn't make the dotted connections, but i'm going to deep-six (as you so succinctly put it) the 5303 if i can, and go smartstart to dball. the features aren't important, it's mainly about the smartstart.
hopefully i can get it worked out tomorrow
TheevesLLC 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
well, time to close this thread. couldn't find any RSR firmware, or really any documentation on a standalone datastart application with the dsm200 and the dball. there was a brief mention of programming RFTD mode on the db-all to enable "proper" smartstart operation, but w/o python keypads (or a bitwriter), i was unable to do any programming of the dball.
in a fit of rage, i tore everything out of the car, completed the w2w schematic, and connected the ESP plug of the dsm200 to the bitwriter port on the 5303. needless to say, you were right, the hard way was the easy way after all, it works. the dball seems to have less functionality in w2w mode than d2d, but... it works nonetheless.
i found the smartstart to be underwhelming overall, with response time between 5-10sec, which seems entirely unacceptable to me. those features are neat, but seemingly should be used in tandem with RF keypads.
to sum it all up, thanks for everybody (especially flobee4) for your input, and despite what anything says, w2w on dball is king.
id sean 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Since the 5303P only has 1 dataport as opposed to the more premium units (ie 5704P) which I believe has 2 you need to go W2W with the bypass module and use the Dataport for the SmartStart module.
One of my customers just ran into this same issue. As well as the whole white plug/ brown plug thing.
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
Installation Distributors
rwb713 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Just found this thread (thank God, seems to be saving me a hell of alot of headache, as i have the same problem on an 07 Silverado classic). My question is this tho: does anyone make a module that can simply just recieve some signal from some iphone app ( different from SmartStart ) and then trigger a ground in the vehicle? Because if so, you could bypass the smartstart module all together and just send that ground to the blue/white test ( "Activation Input" per the manual ) wire and start the car, send that signal again, and the remote start deactivates. dball works d2d then when connected to the "brain" module, and no w2w setup is needed.... does anyone make that?? and if not, why the hell not!!!???!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic