icon

2009 acura mdx, python 951, dball

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
opelap 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

Will be installing a DBALL and Python 951 into my Acura.  Looking at the DBALL instructions, it shows Ignition at Pin 2 (Brown wire), Immobilizer at Pin 3 (Lt Green wire), and CAN at Pin 4 (Lt Green wire).

The Ready remote wire diagram has me confused.  I know that I still need to hook up ACC1, ACC2, Battery, and Starter. So by the readyremote list (and the one on this site), Ignition is Pin 6 (Pink wire), ACC1 is Pin 4 (Orange wire), ACC2 is Pin 5 (Red wire), Starter is Pin 1 (Yellow wire).

So I have conflicting information from the DBALL and wire diagrams. Even if I assume the wire diagram just numbers the pins backwards,  Ignition is at the right pin, but has a wrong color, ACC1 is identified as the CAN, and ACC2 is identified as Immobilizer.

So my questions are, what color is the ignition wire really,  what pins are the immobilizer and CAN since they are both indentified as Lt Green in color, and which is correct the DBALL instructions or the wire diagram?

I will use my DMM to verify the ignition, batt, starter, and ACC circuits, but do not know how to differentiate the CAN and Immobiler wires.

Thanks

metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
I think you may be confused. Acc ign can bus , immobilized are NOT in the same harness or plug. 12v ign acc acc2 starter are in the plug to the key cyclinder. And the data , security light, and can bus are in a small 7 pin plug near the cyclinder ( white connector small).
opelap 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks,

The DBALL shows ignition in the same connector as the immobilizer and DATA.  Should I use the other one in the connector with the other (+) wires or hook it up as the DBALL instructions show?  Also are the two connectors both 7 pin?  Wire diagram says Brown 7 pin connector for starter, ignition, etc, and the DBALL shows a seven pin connector for the DATA, immobilizer, ignition connectors.

So I thought since Ignition was shown on the DBALL connections with the others, and the wire diagram said ignition was in a brown 7 pin connector, they were the same. So is there a brown ignition wire in the white 7 pin connector?

metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
yes there is 7 pin connector white and a 6 pin connector green, the ignintion in the immobilizer connector could be used or you can just tap it into your ignition when pre wiring, but do not use that ignition for the remote start.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
x2 as to what metz said in his post.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
opelap 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, the readyremote wire list says a brown 7 pin connector.
The DBALL instructions show connecting the ign 1 to the remote start ign 1 and then to the vehicle ign in the 7 pin connector. Do I then need to connect another ign? If I do, what is the easiest way to do it? I was going to use the flex relay on the python for ACC2.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
the thick large gauge wire from the python goes to the cars ignition tumbler harness, also large gauged.
the bypass requires an ignition input. connect this to the pink of the python.
Ted
Compustar Expert
opelap 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everybody,
So I could use the ign in the 7 pin white connector to activate the bypass, but not for the power from the remote start.
I connect the remote start ign (Pink) to the Acura ign (Pink) and could then connect the bypass there as well and not to the other ign wire.
The immobilizer and CAN wires will be in the white harness at the pin locations identified in the DBALL direction. Think I got it.
Wish the photo buttons on the readyremote site would actually display something.
tedmond 
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
looks like you understand now. you wont need pics, just a DMM
Ted
Compustar Expert
opelap 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Still preparing for my install on a 2009 Acura MDX.
Ordered the DBALL online and asked them to flash it with the correct firmware. Seller stated he normally put a piece of paper in the box indicating which firmware was flashed. I did not get the paper so he cannot confirm it was flashed. Local shop wants $20 to verify/flash it. Can I cause any damage if I install and try to program with the wrong/no firmware?
Also does anybody know which CPU install instructions would be closest
for the 951? There are none in the downloads section. Turns out I bought a factory refurb (which I did not see on the webpage) and there is not even the quick reference guide in the box.
Thanks for the help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic