icon

bypass problem on 08 ford escape

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwouscg 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed a RS on a 2008 Ford Escape. The RS works great when there is a key left in the ignition. I am using a Audiovox AS9233ST with a PKFM Transponder Bypass. I have tried using a w2w and a d2d connection but no luck. Once I have the bypass wired up it immediatly starts to flash once per a second. I believe that means the unit is already programed but it was not done by me. I cant seem to get the module to reset either. Really I am wondering if I even have the right bypass? Anyone else had any problems with these hookups?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  

Another way to reset the module is to re-flash it using the XKLoader or XKLoader2 USB cable.

I would go W2W and leave the 4 Pin D2D harness off.

The LED flashing Red could mean you have the RX & TX connections reversed.  Here are the wire colors :

Years           Pin   TX                            Pin   RX           Connector Type
Escape 2008-2011     3 Yellow/Orange           4 Violet/Gray           E

Another thing to try is temporarily disconnecting the PKFM Brown GWR wire from the Audiovox R/S

Light Blue Wire (Ignition 3) Output during programming. 

Soldering is fun!
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
to reset this bypass, you need to hold the the Program button while plugging in the harness for power.
Also the light flashes to the security light.
Are you sure one of the keys your using is not a cloned key if so it will not program
i have never had a problem with that bypass.
programing
first key turn to on, light until light goes out on bypass remove, key
(five seconds to do next step)
insert second key turn to on, light until light goes out on bypass remove, key
(five seconds to do next step)
Remote start
the vehicle will not start the first time you do this, let it cycle then when remote start fails, try to remote start it again and it will start.
if it does not program then you have the tx and rx switched around.
also make sure you have the orange wire of the bypass on an ignition wire off the ignition switch harness. (not on the transponder very unreliable). it will not program if it does not have this wire connected.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic