2005 gmc sierra, avital 4103, xk09

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cam73 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all-
Working on installing a Avital 4103 and XK09 in a 2005 GMC Sierra with the help of a friend who used to install professionally. He's been out of the loop for a bit, especially when it comes to the XK. He wired it last night but we ran out of time while programming and I was left with a few questions and the need for some trouble shooting..
The XK09 is hooked up D2D along with the green J1850 wire. All connections required (that we know about) on the 4103 appear to be working and correct.
My questions are...
On the H1 harness for the 4103, is the yellow H1/3 (+) ignition out wire used? If so where?
The paperwork says the XK09 cant detect the rear door locks on the data bus and to use the door pins. In what fashion do I go about doing this? The truck is not a base model and the 2005 wiring diagram on this site says to use a module(eg 457g). We had the doors locking and unlocking with the avital key fob but I didn't have the chance to see if the rears were.
Last but not least, the truck will remote start but shuts down right away. It will however remote start and run with the key in the ignition and at the on position. Bad XK09?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2011 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yellow wire needs to be tied into the pink wire on the large gauge power harness.

The module doesn't detect the rear door trigger.  All locks will work through data.  The modules detect front left and right door trigger, just not rear L & R doors.

Starting, then dying, sounds like the Passlock portion isn't programmed correctly.  I use another manufacturer's interface, so I'm not familiar with the XK09, but it definitely isn't programmed right, or the right wire isn't being used.

dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
You do not need to make any connection with the yellow wire on the avital.  It is for cars that already have a security system and you're adding the avital to it.  It keeps the existing security system from seeing the ignition when you remote start. 
Advanced
cam73 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the response!
The explanation of the yellow wire didn't really specify if the factory alarm/security was included.
Happy to hear the door locks won't require additional wiring. I'm assuming driver priority unlock will be lost..?
Unfortunately the truck isn't readily available to try and program right now. It's my girlfriends and the avital was supposed to be a Christmas surprise..whoops.
How does everyone like the XK09? (I've read about some so so experiences with the unit) Is there a better way to interface with a different manufactures product? Are they as simple as D2D as well?
Thanks, Happy Holidays!
cam73 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
As i think about it a little more some more questions come to mind...
Does the XK09 need to be programmed to function in D2D vs W2W?
Does anyone have a link for the supplement manual for a 2005 GMC sierra? The more I read, the more I worry about missing a connection or doing something wrong..
Does the XK09 have the capability to control the heated seats? If so, can it be done w/o dealer only tools?
Thanks!!
cam73 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys-
We got everything figured out after Christmas, turns out it was a mis placed 2nd ignition wire. The xk09 has been working well in d2d. Other than a dome light flash and ding when the truck is put in gear everything else is okay until tonight...
The truck has randomly remote started twice in the last few hours!! No one has touched the keys and I haven't the slightest clue why this is going on. Other than some cold weather for around here (25-30*) nothing else has changed..
Any ideas? I dont even know where to start...Thanks!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't think that unit had it, but check the manual and see if it has a cold weather start mode. If not check to make sure the WHITE/ blue activation wire is not grounding out. Finally make sure to check the voltage at each 12v constant input with the ground at the unit (connect black lead to black ground wire right at the unit, and the red lead to each of the 12v inputs) and make sure the voltage is not dropping.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
It doesn't have temp start but it does have timer mode. If someone accidentally hit the Lock and Unlock buttons at the same time, it activates timer mode and will start up every 3 hours.
Otherwise, I agree to also check the WHITE/ blue activation wire. If it's making contact with ground or bare metal at random times, could explain the random starts.
I've used XK09 in many vehicles and had great luck with them. I usually use D2D since there are way less connections and so far it's always worked great.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic