icon

2009 f250 disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danny99 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a remote start im my F250 Super Duty. I have read on here that you have to use a couple relays and diodes to disarm the alarm.  My question is if I unlock the doors with the key fob would the alarm be disarmed?  The remote start clicks the crank wire for a second but the truck doesn't crank. I have a xpress bypass installed.  It doesn't start evn when I unlock with the key fob first. I was wondering if it is the alarm or I have something else Wrong? Thanks for any help.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
The factory alarm normally doesn't prevent it from remote starting. Usually it will just cause the alarm to go off once started. What remote starter did you put in, and which bypass? Did you connect the tach wire and program the tach signal? Is it a gas or diesel? Also, make sure that you have the ignition wire and both accessory wires connected. What color do you have for your starter wire in the truck?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
armbruster 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Insert your key into the ignition (just insert it) and then remote start. If it starts then your bypass programming did not take or you have something hooked up incorrectly.
danny99 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

The truck is a 2009 F250 diesel. I connected the starter wire to the blue and white wire of the ignition switch. The rmst is a Bulldog deluxe 200. I used an Xpresskit bypass. I hooked one up about a week ago on my 2010 F250 diesel and everything works. The 2009 must have a security alarm. The 2010 didn't. They both have the PATS but the 2009 must have something else. It has the key pad on the door. The Bulldog sight says there is a green and purple wire to the factory disarm. I couldn't find it and have read on here that there is not one. On the 2010 if I leave the key in the ignition it will not remote start. Thanks for the replys.

danny99 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to put that I didn't use the tach wire I set It to check engine voltage. Thanks
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
try it with the key in the ignition. The reason the 2010 doesn't work is probably because it is readin 2 key signals. If the 09 bypass isn't working / programmed properly it will start with the key in the ignition. IF it does not start then your problem is probably elsewhere. I would also connect the tach. Voltage sensing is not always accurate and can cause issues.
You can also connect a meter to the start wire off the unit and see if the r/s is just cutting the signal to the starter wire or if the vehicle is cutting the starter signal on its own.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
danny99 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I tried with the key in the ignition and just held the key next to the ignition. It still didn't start. I put a test light on the crank wire from the remote start and it lights up for a split second but the truck doesn't crank. Will try to hook up the tach wire when it quits raining. Thanks
offroadzj 
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
So it sounds like something is telling the remote starter to stop cranking. Check all of your shut down inputs (hood pin, neutral safety switch, brake input) and make sure that none of them are being tripped during the process.
As a temporary test, you can put the r/s into voltage sensing and turn the crank time up to see if it corrects the problem. Then once you know that is the cause, then you can get into connecting the tach and programming the tach signal.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
danny99 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have decided it is the xpress bypass. I unplugged the wires going to the key switch and id did the same thing when I cranked it with the key. The security light started flashing fast and it didn't crank. I changed the bypass with the 2010 and it did the same thing. It took several tries to get the 2010 back to working. I finally didn't hold the program button on the dball while I plugged in the D2D cable and got it to program. Something else is that I connected the 2010 to a Viper with a D2D cable. The Bulldog on the 2009 didn't have the D2D. I connected all the wires on the dball except Door status output, Trunk status output, Tach output, and Brake output.  Thanks for any help.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
check all of the db-all connections and make sure they are correct. Is the db-all going through the programming sequence fine or is it not programming?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic