icon

python remote not confirming commands?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andeyhall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Python 533 (5303P) alarm/remote start system on my truck and it has the 2-way remote which has all of the sudden started acting weird. When I send a command, such as lock or unlock or the remote start, the remote will transmit the signal, but it will not receive a confirmation that the signal was received by the remote start. It use to beep once on the remote for lock, beep twice for unlock, and do a little jingle for remote start. Now it does none of that. Every once in a while it will work, but 90% of the time it doesn't. I took the battery out and put a new one in just now, and it worked like it should for the first time I hit lock and unlock, but then after that it quit working again. I don't understand...if it is in range for it to transmit the signal, why can't it receive a signal back from the remote start?
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
Check the connection to the antenna. The two way system have 4 wires for power, ground, tx and rx signals. If there is a bad, loose or broken connection, that would explain why the system receives the command requested without you getting acknowledgement of it on the remote.
andeyhall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
shortcircuit161 wrote:
Check the connection to the antenna. The two way system have 4 wires for power, ground, tx and rx signals. If there is a bad, loose or broken connection, that would explain why the system receives the command requested without you getting acknowledgement of it on the remote.
Thanks. I'll check on this tomorrow and let you know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic