08 escape, python 574

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2012 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys
i was having an issue with my old python 990 alarm and remote start. so today i swapped it out for a python 574 which is 2 models newer.
anyways i have an issue now that i did not have on the old 990. whenever i arm the system it says a door open error message on the remote. i already know this is caused by using the domelight as a door trigger and it is staying on about 10-15 seconds after the car door is closed and armed.
I tried searching and i believe i found the answer and that is to pulse the headlights or factory keyless entry system lock fuction (if possible) using a relay at the same time the system arms as it will shut the dome light off.
I know on my factory keyless when i hit lock the headlights flash and the domelight goes off immediately. not so much with the 574 it says on, so i feel this would be the solution.
does anyone know how i would go about wiring this and what wires to use on a 2008 ford escape to complete this task?
thanks,
dan
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2012 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if this will help but the dome supervision wire is separate from the door trigger wire.
Even though the dome lights turn on when you open a door, if you tap directly into the dome supervision wire, it may avoid the "door open" message.
Door Trigger
GREEN/ purple (-) N.C.      
driver kick or SJB, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 14
Dome Supervision
gray/purple (+)
driver kick or SJB, gray 14 pin plug (A), pin 9
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2012 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
I am not familiar with Python models but on Autopage alarms you can program for a delay to arm the alarm, up to I think 45 seconds. I do this with my Oldsmobile as I use the domelight also for door triggers and it has a delay for the domelight shutting off also. This may be the simplest solution.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2012 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
use door trigger wire, or pulse driver door pin with the factory alarm rearm wire.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
do i need to use a relay to pulse the driver door pin?
i wish i knew which wire the keyless entry pulses when i hit lock on my key because that would be perfect.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
i suppose i could also do this, which i think i did on the 990 now that i look back on it.
in the settings menu there is:
Door Trigger error Chirp
1. On: if the door trigger is active when arming, the siren will emit a chirp and a message will be sent
to the 2way remote control as an alert
2. Off: an active door trigger when arming will not create an alert output
i suppose if i turn this off my problem will be solved, as long as i remember to keep the door closed (should never be an issue lol)
i think i may just go this route instead of changing all the wires around.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I am looking to wire up my heated seats and rear defroster from my automatic climate controls module to the status 2 output on my python 574 in my 2008 ford escape limited, v6 if it matters.
I was just wondering how I would go about wiring this up. I know i am going to put both wires to that output someway, also diode isolating them, but i feel i may need a relay as 200mA isn't much but i am unsure which pins to use and what to put where. any suggestions?
I also tested both wires that i will need to use, they are latched when enabled by the push button, and unlatched when pressed again. the switch is not held in by any means, just push buttons on the climate controls.
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT
Status 2 Output (Blue/White H2/3 wire)
1. Status: the output will activate before the ignition outputs turn on, and de-activate after they turn off
during remote start
2. Latch rear defogger: the output activates 10 seconds after start if the interior temperature is below
55¢ªF. It turns off after 10 minutes or upon remote start off
3. Pulse rear defogger: the output activates (for 800 ms) 10 seconds after start if the interior temperature
is below 55¢ªF.
08 escape, python 574 -- posted image.
08 escape, python 574 -- posted image.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
both of those highlighted wires for the heated seats and defogger are negative (-) by the way, they are grounded when enabled. if that makes a difference.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
rear defrost/mirror - WHITE/ orange (-) latched at rear defogger switch
heated seats WHITE/ blue(-) (driver) gray / YELLOW(-) (passenger) latched at hvac controls
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
rear defrost/mirror - WHITE/ orange (-) latched at rear defogger switch
heated seats WHITE/ blue(-) (driver) gray / YELLOW(-) (passenger) latched at hvac controls
I already had this info but thanks for taking the time to post it.
I am running into an issue though, my defogger output that is supposed to put out a latched ground is not working when it is under 55 degrees, even when forced on via level 4 on the remote start transmitter. I am unsure what could be the issue. I kept my fluke multimeter on it from the time i enabled the remote start to about 5 minutes in and it never output any voltage, latched or pulse.
I have the output set as defogger latched via the programming menu pending the option menus are the same as the Viper 5904 as it was the only manual I could find for these newer units. The Viper 5904 uses the same main unit as the Python 574, only difference from what I could tell was the color OLED remote vs older lcd remote.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic