icon

2009 altima remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deeryders 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
but why does my car remote say sensor 2 when i lock my car at times .. i have my prox sensor in the center pocket (for easy access)
MECP Certified
Dont Ground Out!!!
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
A few thoughts
- I don't think the issue has to do with the bypass module. In my opinion, whether it's a separate unit or integrated units (like the Blade), when setup correctly they work great.
- I definitely agree with everyone on checking your ground connection to everything that needs a ground to run the vehicle (brain & bypass mainly). I've seen poor grounds cause all sorts of nasty bugs.
Could also be a combination of things
- If you turn on the rear defrost via remote and it's shutting down, it's possible the tach wire wasn't installed or was not programmed correctly.
If the tach learn is set too high, the rear defroster may drop RPMs once it engages and the remote starter may go into under-rev mode (can be easily checked via shutdown diagnostics).
If it was installed without the tach wire, (voltage mode or virtual tach), the drop in voltage when the rear defroster kicks on may be enough to make the Remote Starter think the car shut off. Therefore the remote starter will also shut down.
- As far as your sensor 2 showing up, it depends what was setup for sensor 2 (shock, prox, glass break, etc) that's picking up vibrations or sounds that may trigger it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic