icon

Unhappy with Alpine/Retailer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2003 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine makes some great products. I have a CDA-7897 that has all the features and sounds great, from what I remember . . . The Unit lost it's display one morning. This occured 8 weeks after installing it. Ok, not a good start but stuff happens. Returned to Sound Advice(part of the Tweeter's Chain)where it was purchased. 2 days past the uncondional return policy. Unit sent to authorized repair center under warranty. So March 23 it went to be fixed. Now I am being told it will be ready May 23 or later awaiting parts specifically a new main board. Owned the deck 2 months and wait 2 months to be repaired?? No responce from Alpine or Sound Advice. Very Unhappy! any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2003 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
They should have replaced it....
Write a letter/email to Best Buy. All you can do now is wait to get your head unit back.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2003 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

Why did you say Best Buy?  We don't even carry Alpine products.  Or maybe I missed something?

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Toy816 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
wow i'm not even an authorized alpine dealer and even i could have given you an over the counter exchange
take your time and do it right the first time
audiocableguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
The saga continues, I was contacted by Sound Advice, after sending a letter to corperate, saying my unit would be repaired a week ago, May 6th. I last saw my head unit March 27. Still very unhappy!
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
How did you pay for it? If you paid by credit card you could contact your credit card company and tell them you are unhappy, they can assist you in getting a refund.
audiocableguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
the problems continue. I picked up my deck today, 35 days after sending the unit out for warranty repair. The unit has no volume control! I tried both speaker level and line level out and the rotary volume is either all the way off or full vloume with no changes the higher you turn the knob. And, when I shut off the ign. the unit started to fold back into the dash and it stopped. Further inspection showed one of the face holding arms came out of the track and it is stuck half in/out. Unhappy to Very Unhappy! Thanks bberman1, forgot Citibank has a purchase protection plan. Have the number, going to call Monday.
audiocableguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
... just to be fair, the 35 days mentioned above are working days. The retailer stated the delay was with Alpine, the parts were backordered. This is scary considering the deck hasn't been on the market that long. Options? Anyone had situations simlar to this???
Either Sound Advice or Alpine is going to fix this problem, I'm not going to take it in the tailpipe!!
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2003 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Well you have already taken it up the butt, been going through this for 2 months?? Thats crazy. What kind of company is this Sound Advice?? Is it a local store? Regardless of if it gets fixed or not if thats a local store I think if you took it up with the manager with some harsh words, esp with customers in the store this matter would have been taken care of with a nice new radio. No way i would take the original one back. Fight them with your credit card company, get your money back and take your business elsewhere!!
audiocableguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Today (May 19th) I called Alpine and was able to speak with a customer service person who actually helped me. This person contacted me late in the day after speaking with the store manager. Sound Advice asked Alpine, to ask me, if I would accept a reconditioned replacement?? Why sould I accept a reconditioned unit for the same price as paid for a new unit? who do these people think they are?? I feel that after the heavily advertized "60 day uncondtional satisfaction return policy" has expired I am not important as a consumer to Sound Advice. This is based on the last 2 months of personal experience dealing with my purchase.
Who is Sound Advice? They are a chain of higher end Audio/Video products affiliated with the Tweeter Chain in Florida. They sell Krell, Martin Logan, Pioneer Elite, Alpine, Xtant, Orion just to name a few. Before this incident, myself and several friends have had great experiences with this company. They have lost my respect and recommendations. All that needed to happen was an over-the-counter exchange for a defective unit.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic