the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 580 starter in 2008 sonata

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
baytonemus 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
What's the markup on these things? I hope you're buying the units for a lot less than I paid if that's all you're charging.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
My pricing was for a basic 1 way remote start and keyless entry. For the 2 way system (like what you got) its usually an extra $100.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
for the extra wires, i cut mine. The shortest wire would be 3 inches and from there, i stair cut the other wires in the same harness. Stair case cutting for example, first wire is 3inches, second wire is 3.5inches, etc. Just so they dont short one another out.
i know many installers that De-pin the harness, but this is a PITA when the customer wants aux or other addons down the road. I personally leave them.
I'm 20 and been installing for 8 years now. I am a compustar dealer, but also carry viper as a second line. I prefer the compustar more. If you were to get a Compustar Pro 1way start/keyless its $225 installed parts/labour and extra 60 for bypass. All installs include doorlocks, trunk release(if avail) horn, and defrost. Although i enjoy working on cars, this is my hobby. It helps pay for University tuition and medical school.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
baytonemus 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
So are VIper and Python the same company - Directed Electronics? Any significant difference between the two?
And where do you guys grab the defrost circuit? I didn't have a wire listed on my info for the Sonata, but I suppose I could still get it from the switch if I was ambitious, right?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
indeed. Directed electronics owns many brands out there such as Viper, Python, Clifford, Avital, Readyremote, Autostart etc.
Most units from clifford/python are rebranded Viper units. Directed (DEI) promotes their Viper unit as their top dog, the top of the line unit. Just like vehicles as honda/acura, toyota/lexus, nissan/infinity. Acura,lexus,infinity are to be the upper "better" version. Same unit just different remote designs.
the Defrost is pretty easy to get to.
BLUE (-) 8minute trigger @ Left side of fusebox Connector A pin 16.
The easiest way is to pop the plastic panel between the left side of your dash touching the driver door. Looking at the left of the fuses it will be located in the second connector down from the left side. Very easy to get to.
For your specific application, you will use Defogger/Second status output. In settings turn it on and when its below 0degrees C or 32F defrost auto turns on.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Congrats on your promotion, Ted!   python 580 starter in 2008 sonata - Page 7 -- posted image.   Well deserved.
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Price wise, I had Best Buy in Wausau Wisconsin, install a Viper 5301(same as the Python 580)  into my wife's 2009 Corolla. Remote start, Bypass, Xk06 I think.    Trunk release, rear defroster, relay, and horn honk connection were EXTRA.  Total parts and labor,  $700.00!!!  

I have learned from my own trial and error and A LOT of info from this site.  Tedmond pointed me in the direction of the Fortin bypass units. They haven't disappointed me yet.

I have only been doing this for a couple of years. Entirely as a hobby. I'm 57, so being under someones dash for 9 hours will lead to some asprin and a couple of tall ones at the end of that day.

Double the congrat to you Tedmond!

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

A plug for this site.  

If you have found the info here helpful, Donate to this site. It is worth it.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
baytonemus 
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
In settings turn it on and when its below 0degrees C or 32F defrost auto turns on.
On at freezing? Here in northern MN the d**n thing will be on all winter!
Seriously, thanks. I'll hook that up...just as soon as my chiropractor works it out so I can turn my head again.
baytonemus 
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:

A plug for this site.  

If you have found the info here helpful, Donate to this site. It is worth it.

That's an excellent suggestion so I just did!
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic