icon

viper 5901 wiring into 94 celica

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ask92 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Started a google doc with the wiring diagram and color codes for the car. I have a lot hooked up and the alarm works perfectly so far, but I need help with the remote start and power lock and unlock. Any help is appreciated and please edit the Google Doc, but if you do change things change the color so I know that it was someone else. Thank you for your time and help.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1usKZBjVkvwjoCn2zSnCVI12aRlhkYFkEBrFCr_Ryk0k/edit
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry looks like it didnt embed. Here is the link to the doc:
Link to google document
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
First of all, is it a standard or automatic?
I am working over your document now with the connections you should make. Give me a few minutes to get through it all...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Oh sorry it is a 1994 Toyota celica GT with a Manual Transmission.
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Well i got the lock and unlock to work. But the remote start is not working. Just says remote start error on the remote. Also when I start the car the starter continues to run even after Ive released the key. I disconnected the car side starter wire and it has stopped. HELP!
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
It is doing that with the key without activating the remote start? Check all of your connections. It sounds like you have a short between one of your ignition/accessory wires and your starter wire. Did you connect tach and program / learn it?
And did you test every single connection?
Also, where and how did you ground the unit?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yes without touching the remote start it would do that. I checked everything twice. No shorts, the only possible problem is that H3/7 and h3/8 are both going to IGN 2 as that is what is says on the viper supplied diagram. The unit is ground with a wire connector directly to the chassis, it is a good ground.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
No, H3/8 is the flex relay input only required if the ignition wire needs to be disconnected. It does not get a connection.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Would that cause the starter to keep running even after the key isnt turned?
offroadzj 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Trying to picture it, I don't think it would, but it doesn't hurt to correct it anyways. With the starter wire disconnected from the vehicle start wire, connect your DMM to the starter wire off the unit and see if it is showing voltage when you turn the key on.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic