icon

receiver and amp have built in crossover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fronzizzle 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have a JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 receiver and a Sony Xplod XM-ZZR3301 amp running my two 12" Sony subs. The radio has the sub preouts, which have a built in crossover as well as a level adjustment. The amp also has a built in adjustable crossover as well as the gain control, I'm trying to figure out what to set each of them at or what the best way to go about tuning my system is.
I think the receiver crossover is 55/85/120 Hz while the amp is adjustable from 50-300. Thanks.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

Use the receiver Xover and set the amp to OFF or turn it all the way towards the highest setting.  See the "How to set your gain" thread in the Hot Topics forum for level setting instructions.

Support the12volt.com
fronzizzle 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, just read it.
The amp doesn't have an off, so should I'll set it to 300.
As for the receiver, which Hz setting should I use? 55, 85 or 120?
The receiver also has a sub-level input (from 0 - 8), do I want this at 8?
For the amp, there is also a subsonic filter (6 - 70 Hz) and low boost level control (0 - 10 db). Where should I set these?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. 300.  Try 85.  Yes, set to max when you set the amp gain.  Is the subwoofer enclosure vented?  If so set the subsonic to just below the tuning frequency.  If it's sealed, set it to off or its lowest setting.  Keep the bass boost off (set to zero.)
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic